Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Clustering solution for RH Linux AS and Solaris x86/AMD 64 Post 64791 by izy100 on Wednesday 2nd of March 2005 11:43:07 AM
Old 03-02-2005
Tks a lot for the advise.

I have a couple questions:

1) When will RHAS 4.0 + Cluster Suite and GFS be out?
2) Is there any white paper/ tutorial I can refer to for the RHAS LVM?
3) Any limitations of this RHAS LVM compared to Veritas VxVM?
4) Is there any white paper/ tutorial I can refer to for the RHAS Cluster Suite + GFS?
4) The comparsion of RHAS Cluster Suite and Veritas Cluster Suite in terms of limitations and architecture, implementations

NB: I am a supporter of the open source movement BUT my organisation has been skeptical of open-source ware's ability to be ENTERPRISE. It is more of a mental block. And any advice you can give to get over this mental block, apart from the cost. Most company dun mind paying thr' the nose for Enterprise Software.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Linux suse for AMD

Hi everybody I have a SLES 8 on my own desktop and now I want to install oracle on it so I should install service pack3 on it, but when I setup it my linux Os can't start up and it say "Kernel panic". My desktop's components is 1-CPU:AMD Athlon 3200+ 64bit 2-Mainboard :Asus A8N SLES... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkoolivand
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9.0 (x86 on AMD Opteron) reboots after i FTP through Telnet

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 9 on on an AMD Opteron based server. The server is rebooting after i perform the following: - Logon to Solaris 9 AMD box through telnet or putty - ftp to any other box suppose box A where the FTP server is running - After logging in to the box A through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsvarma
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris on AMD 770 chipset

hi is there anyone out there who has experience with installing Solaris on this chipset? there is one entry in the HCL doc about it (BigAdmin - HCL: Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 rev1.0 ) but that person apparently doesnt reply when another asks him some questions. im looking to install on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Landser
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Clustering Red Hat Enterprise linux Advanced Platform 5.2 (x86-64 bit)

Hello Professionals, We have high-end HP rack servers. We need to provide application fail-over for business continuity. We have done benchmarking of the application on RHEL 5.2 on HP servers to estimate the hardware requirement so as to meet next 3-5 years business growth. Presently we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kgayyar
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Sample solution for Firefox-3.6.10 pkg in solaris 10 for X86

download pkg from sunfreeware web site (root user mode) step1: #mkdir opt/sft step2: download the package and save it in the opt/sft directory step3: #bunzip2 firefox-3.6.10.en-US.solaris-10-fcs-i386-pkg.bz2 step 4 #pkgadd -d ./firefox-3.6.10.en-US.solaris-10-fcs-i386-pkg ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamin2010
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Clustering

hi guys Some time ago I used Linux HA(Heartbeat) to setup like 3 cluster. Now I have to install another 2 cluster and was checking more info to be sure HA was still used but I found some other stuff like OpenAIS - Corosync - Pacemaker to tell you the truth I am kinda confused here I get... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
0 Replies

7. Linux

Linux os clustering

Hi, I have done the OS clustering in linux redhat 5.6, my one node is down and when i am trying to reboot the other node it is not coming up. any pointer to this would be helpful. the SAN storage luns are not coming as mounted (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohitj.engg
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Newbie With Linux Clustering, Need Help!!

Hi All, I am new user here and a new one to try clustering with Ubuntu nodes, and need help. If I should be in another place please mention. I have a two nodes with Ubuntu 14.04 installed on them. I need to make a cluster consisting of these two nodes with purpose of experimentation with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IncognitoExpert
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Is it safe to install x86 Solaris 10 U6 after installed-Linux-and-FreeBSD?

I've installed Slack 14.2 on /dev/sda1 (/dev/sda2 is swap) and FreeBSD 12 on /dev/sda3 and lilo is the boot manager. FreeBSD slices are as follows; / on /dev/ada0S3a, swap on /dev/ada0s3e, /var on /dev/ada0s3b, /tmp on /dev/ada0s3d and /usr on /dev/ada0s3f. I hesitate to install Solaris 10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
2 Replies
ibtl(7D)							      Devices								  ibtl(7D)

NAME
ibtl - Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer DESCRIPTION
InfiniBand (IB) is an I/O technology based on switched fabrics. The Solaris InfiniBand Transport Layer (IBTL) is a Solaris kernel misc mod- ule and adheres to the IB Architecture Version 1.1 specification and provides a transport layer abstraction to IB client drivers. IBTL implements the programming interfaces for the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework (IBTF), consisting of the IB Channel Interface (CI) and the IB Transport Interface (TI). The CI consists of Host Channel Adapters (HCAs) and HCA drivers. A host is attached to the IB fabric through the CI layer. The Solaris InfiniBand CI is Sun's API rendering of the InfiniBand Architecture (IBTA) "verbs" specification. The Solaris InfiniBand TI is the kernel service driver interface into the Solaris InfiniBand Transport Framework. It provides transport and communications setup programming interfaces for Unreliable Datagram (UD) and Reliable Connected (RC) transport types only. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibtl 32-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibtl 64-bit x86 ELF kernel misc module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibtl 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea, SUNWib | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ib(7D), ibcm(7D), ibdm(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.10 9 Oct 2004 ibtl(7D)