Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Erase hard disk data
Operating Systems AIX Erase hard disk data Post 64701 by kenloong on Wednesday 2nd of March 2005 04:06:50 AM
Old 03-02-2005
Thanks.

But I can't. It said "The 'diag' command is not supported on this system".
Anyway, I had manually take out the hard disk and throw on the floor for several times. Think the data in the hard disk can't be recovered. Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hard Disk

I have a cuestion. How Can I to add other hard disk to my computer? I need to configurate anyone? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaraver
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk at 99% Help!

:eek: I use this Solaris to run CMS a call acounting software package for my job. No one could run reports today because it said the this when you logged on "The following file systems are low, and could adversely affect server performance: File system /: 99%full" Can some one please explain... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannyisme
9 Replies

3. AIX

Erase hard disk

Hi ... How to erase bootable hard disk in Pseries... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumathi.k
3 Replies

4. SCO

Recover data from failed Hard disk in SCO OpenServer 5.06

One hard disk fail to mount (/dev/data). I had run "fsck /dev/data" then some error occured "unrecoverable error reading SCSI Disk 1 dev 1/104". I need to recover data from disk. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar9919
1 Replies

5. AIX

Erase AIX rootvg system disk

Hello all, I need help for erasing IBM P5 machine running AIX 5.3. I have 2 system disks (Hardware mirror) and i'm looking for a way like a LIVE CD bootable CD so I can boot with the cd and then format the system disks with a "secure erase" software. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kobi gabai
7 Replies

6. SCO

declare disk driver for IDE hard disk

hi I've a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.7 on the IDE hard disk. For SCSI hard disk I can declare, for example blc disk driver using: # mkdev hd 0 SCSI-0 0 blc 0but it works for IDE hard disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to erase tape data in unix V4.0 D?

hi! my computer is... System: Digital Personal Workstation 433a Processor: Digital Alpha 21164, 433 MHz Memory: 64 MB OS: Digital Unix Console (SRM), Digital Unix V4.0D how to erase tape data? I tried with mt erase but no success. My tape is 120m. So, how can i erase tape? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akz
5 Replies

8. AIX

How to use dd command to erase the data in disk

how to use dd command to erase the data in disk, such as hdisk2? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
9 Replies

9. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies
hdio(7I)							  Ioctl Requests							  hdio(7I)

NAME
hdio - SMD and IPI disk control operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/hdio.h> DESCRIPTION
Note - The SMC and IPI drivers have been discontinued. dkio(7I) is now the preferred method for retrieving disk information. The SMD and IPI disk drivers supplied with this release support a set of ioctl(2) requests for diagnostics and bad sector information. Basic to these ioctl() requests are the definitions in <sys/hdio.h>. IOCTLS
HDKIOCGTYPE The argument is a pointer to a hdk_type structure (described below). This ioctl() gets specific information from the hard disk. HDKIOCSTYPE The argument is a pointer to a hdk_type structure (described below). This ioctl() sets specific information about the hard disk. /* * Used for drive info */ struct hdk_type { ushort_t hdkt_hsect; /* hard sector count (read only) */ ushort_t hdkt_promrev; /* prom revision (read only) */ uchar_t hdkt_drtype; /* drive type (ctlr specific) */ uchar_t hdkt_drstat; /* drive status (ctlr specific, ro) */ }; HDKIOCGBAD The argument is a pointer to a hdk_badmap structure (described below). This ioctl() is used to get the bad sector map from the disk. HDKIOCSBAD The argument is a pointer to a hdk_badmap structure (described below). This ioctl() is used to set the bad sector map on the disk. /* * Used for bad sector map */ struct hdk_badmap { caddr_t hdkb_bufaddr; /* address of user's map buffer */ }; HDKIOCGDIAG The argument is a pointer to a hdk_diag structure (described below). This ioctl() gets the most recent command that failed along with the sector and error number from the hard disk. /* * Used for disk diagnostics */ struct hdk_diag { ushort_t hdkd_errcmd; /* most recent command in error */ daddr_t hdkd_errsect; /* most recent sector in error */ uchar_t hdkd_errno; /* most recent error number */ uchar_t hdkd_severe; /* severity of most recent error */ }; SEE ALSO
ioctl(2), dkio(7I) SunOS 5.10 13 Aug 2002 hdio(7I)