Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: echo variable problem
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting echo variable problem Post 63352 by vgersh99 on Thursday 24th of February 2005 12:00:44 PM
Old 02-24-2005
eval echo \${TEST}_${num}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display from a variable using echo.

I have a variable that is outputting a lot of space. here has been 45 lines returned ... how can I remove the spaces between the "been and the 45" CODE: fil_len=`wc -l < coshb.txt` if ; then cat coshb.txt | more echo " " echo "There has been ${fil_len} lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning variable value using echo

I am modifying an existing script and it has the following line: export SomeEnvVar=`echo ${SomeLocalVar}` Why wouldn't it just read: export SomeEnvVar=${SomeLocalVar} Is there some reason to use echo instead of a direct assignment? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellburger
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a variable to echo to a log

Hi everyone, I am trying to create a simple batch file to make SQL backups. this part of it works fine. Currently the script can mysql dump the databases, compress them, delete the .sql, compress the individual tar.gz into one larger one, delete the smaller files, encrypt the final tar.gz and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luma
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo multiple variable with calculation

$total=500 echo "scale=2; $val1*100/$total" | bc echo "scale=2; $val2*100*100/$total" | bc echo "scale=2; $val3*100/$total" | bc I want to make the above code to be accomplish in a single echo line. For instance output:21.3, 44.2, 51.6 How to achieve that, some one please help, i just... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvin0618
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read variable after echo

Hi, i want to create an user-friendly script where you are asked for two numbers. i would like that these two number to be separated with "--" for example, but i can't figure out how to do this. for example read -p "Insert lowest and highest value: " min ; echo -n "-- "; read max so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezitoc
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to assign echo in variable

I've testing the following code: echo test.txt | cut -d . -f1and get the output "text" So why can't i assign the command to a variable? VAR='"echo test.txt | cut -d . -f1"' echo $VAR (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with variable ECHO $((SED...

Hi, I'm new here so I want to say hello to everyone first! I searched google and this forum for a similar problem, but wasn't successful #! /bin/bash I'm trying to output (echo) n lines of a text file to the screen (later into another file). But I have problem with the sed command, it won't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: studiologe
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo the NAME of the variable

#!/bin/bash varA="AAA1" varB="BBB2" varC="CCC3" for proccx in $varA $varB $varC do echo "the current name is ????? , the value is $proccx" echo " " done #end of script I want the output to look something like this: the current name is varA, the value is AAA1 the current name is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo not displaying variable in If-Else condition

if then echo "Entry Valid : ${x_oug}" else echo "Entry Invalid : " 0 fi In the above code the 3rd line is not working... it does not print anything I tried following as well .. but no luck! echo "Entry Valid : ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chetanz
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo awk output from its variable

Stumped with the formatting of the awk output when used with variables, e.g.: awk -F, 'BEGIN {OFS=","} print {$2,$3,$4}' $infile1 produces the desired output (with rows), but when echoing the variable below, the output is one continuous line var1=$(awk -F, 'BEGIN {OFS=","} print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ux4me
4 Replies
PQLIST(1)							      pqlist								 PQLIST(1)

NAME
pqlist - List available NetWare print queues SYNOPSIS
pqlist [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ pattern ] DESCRIPTION
pqlist lists all the NetWare print queues available to you on some server. If you are already connected to some server, this one is used. If pqlist does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the printing queue available on your server by doing pqlist -S server | wc -l pqlist looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
pattern pattern is used to list only selected queues. You can use wildcards in the pattern, but you have to be careful to prevent shell inter- pretation of wildcards like '*'. -h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -P password You may want to give the password required by the server on the command line. You should be careful about using passwords in scripts. -n -n should be given to mount shares which do not require a password to log in. If neither -n nor -P are given, pqlist prompts for a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), nprint(1), slist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pqlist was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pqlist 01/10/1996 PQLIST(1)