Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers lm_sensors? hardware monitoring? Post 6328 by plusran on Monday 3rd of September 2001 09:16:17 PM
Old 09-03-2001
CPU & Memory still not working...

well, I did a bunch of stuff, and it's still not working.
I've pretty much given up at this point, since the program tells me my chip is at -68deg C, I think it's pretty messed up. the other temperatures it outputs are 127deg C, and some other really messed up numbers.
if anyone wants to tell me what to put where, and what files to edit how, feel free to reply.
I have an athalon 1.1GHz if that helps.
thanks

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hardware monitoring on unix servers (Sun and Bull AIX)

Hello, I was given the task to write a shell script that must detect hardware problems on Unix Solaris and AIX servers. Problems that should be detected by this script are for example: abnormally high temperature or voltage etc... So, does anyone know if that kind of information is logged in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
2 Replies

2. AIX

AIX and SUN unix commands for hardware monitoring

Hello again, I would like to know if the following commands: diag, errpt, lscfg, lspv, lsvg, lsps, lslv for AIX and prtdiag, psrinfo, sysdef for SUN are native to these systems or if they are in fact scripts that are added after the unix installation. Thank you in advance. Have a nice day (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeroL
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware monitoring free tool

Folks; What is a good free tool i can use on my SUSE10 to monitor the hardware so i can be notified in case of any failure such as fan failure, etc..? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring script for hardware and software problems

Gentlemen I want to write a small script and run as cronjob sothat the script runs every four hours The script should be capable of finding any hardware issues,panics,coredumps if anyissues found it should sent mail.If no issues it shouldnt sent mail Deeply appreciated if any help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saidiya
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

windows server hardware monitoring

:wall:hi all, as hp support pack has hpasm, hpacu command using in linux server to show and monitor hareware status. hpacu command was avaialbe in windows server also, but where can find hpasm command in windows, it looks hp support pack not support hpasm in windows. any one can help? an... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxlee24
1 Replies
sensors(1)							Linux User's Manual							sensors(1)

NAME
sensors - printing sensors information SYNOPSIS
sensors [ options ] [ chips ] DESCRIPTION
sensors is used to show the current readings of all sensor chips, and to set all limits as specified in the configuration file. sensors knows about certain chips, and outputs nicely formatted readings for them; but it can also display the information of unknown chips, as long as libsensors knows about them. OPTIONS
-c config-file Specify a configuration file. If no file is specified, the name `sensors.conf' is used. If the name does not contain a directory slash, or this parameter is not present, the following path is examined: /etc, /usr/lib/sensors, /usr/local/lib/sensors, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib, . -h Prints a help text -s Evaluates all `set' statements in the configuration file. You must probably be `root' to do this. If this parameter is not speci- fied, no `set' statement is evaluated. -A Do not show adapter and algorithm for each chipset. -u Treats all chips as unknown ones. Output will be of much lower quality; this option is only added for testing purposes. -v Returns the program version. -f Prints the temperatures in degrees Fahrenheit instead of Celsius. FILES
/etc/sensors.conf The system wide configuration file. See sensors.conf(5) for further details. CONFORMING TO
lm_sensors-2.x SEE ALSO
sensors.conf(5) June 2, 2002 sensors(1)