Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: can't mount a partition
Operating Systems Solaris can't mount a partition Post 62772 by nabulus on Saturday 19th of February 2005 01:51:27 PM
Old 02-19-2005
please can somebody help or indicate where I can find the solution of my problem?
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to mount fat16 partition

Hello, I am trying to mount a FAT16 and FAT32 partition on an already installed Redhat system. I have tried to edit the fstab and mtab, and to put in the data I got from fdisk, but it just says cannot find it. The information given by fdisk on /dev/hda is: Device Boot Start ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghoti
4 Replies

2. Solaris

how to mount other partition?

dear all, that is my problem : c0d0p1 is nt, c0d0p2 is solaris and other on extended partition is pcfs, so how can i mount it somewhere? because i dont know which one connect from raw to block dev. /dev/rdsk/c0d0p? any help would be great... :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stdout
6 Replies

3. SCO

/ partition is mounted but not present in mount

Hello , I 've got a problem with the root partition on my SCO 5.0.5 . When I check the disk with df or mount , I can 't see the root filesystem . # mount /stand on /dev/boot read only on Tue Sep 05 16:13:51 2006 /home on /dev/home read/write on Tue Sep 05 16:14:41 2006 But , if I try... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npn35
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition?

I've created a partition with GNU Parted, how do I mount the partition? The manual information at http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/manual/parted.html is good, but I am sure about how I mount the partition afterwards. Thanks, --Todd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jtp51
1 Replies

5. Solaris

can not mount the selected partition

Dear Brothers First i installed suse linux with the following partition. my hd0 size is 75gb hdc1 swap 1 gb hdc2 native linux 39gb For the rest of the 35 gb i did not create any partition. so i planned to install solaris 10x86 on that free space. When i installed the solaris i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sayed_021
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Grub Error 17: Cannot mount selected partition.

I dualboot Ubuntu and Fedora in one hard drive. Below are the scenario. First, installed Ubuntu 10.4 on the entire disk (40GiB of size). Then, shrink the Ubuntu installation to equal size to free up space for fedora. Second, installed Fedora 13 using the option "Use free space on selected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: etcpasswd
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mount extended partition

Hello, Im new here, and may be my question is stupid, but... Today I run PGP Desktop decript on my 2nd partition ( D:\ ) and when decript finish, I restart my PC.Now when I try to open D:\ its give me: D:\ is not accessable and I lose my files :( So I load Linux live CD ( knoppix ) and try to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrowcp
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount UEFI partition

I want to gain read/write access to a Windows 8 partition from a linux live cd. Prior to Windows 8, I used ntfs-3g to mount the partition from the command line. The "Fdisk -l" command does not seem to be able to read efi partitions. There must be some new strategy for linux users. This is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamarsh
6 Replies

9. AIX

Can't mount a partition

Hello, today i get some aix errors (can't lock files and strange things) then i umount FS to do a fsck but i get these errors root@omega / > fsck -p /dev/fslv06 The current volume is: /dev/fslv06 Unable to read primary superblock. Unable to read either superblock. I readed on this page... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thorin666
9 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

Can I mount partition at given dir path

Hi, In Linux, I had modified fstab file which used to mount ~/Music, ~/Pictures, etc with disk partitions containing corresponding content or binding directory located at other partition. But I am wondering can I do same in El-Capitan as well? No linking! /media/L-Store/Desktop/Documents ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezee
0 Replies
RESIZE_REISERFS(8)					      System Manager's Manual						RESIZE_REISERFS(8)

NAME
resize_reiserfs - Reiserfs filesystem resizer SYNOPSIS
resize_reiserfs [ -s [+|-]size[K|M|G] ] [ -j dev ] [ -fqv ] device DESCRIPTION
The resize_reiserfs tool resizes an unmounted reiserfs file system. It enlarges or shrinks an reiserfs file system located on a device so that it will have size bytes or size=old_size +(-) size bytes if the + or - prefix is used. If the -s option is not specified, the filesystem will be resized to fill the given device. The size parameter may have one of the optional modifiers K, M, G, which means the size parameter is given in kilo-, mega-, gigabytes respectively. The resize_reiserfs program does not manipulate the size of the device. If you wish to enlarge a filesystem, you must make sure you expand the underlying device first. This can be done using cfdisk(8) for partitions, by deleting the partition and recreating it with a larger size (assuming there is free space after the partition in question). Make sure you re-create it with the same starting disk cylinder as before! Otherwise, the resize operation will certainly not work, and you may lose your entire filesystem. The resize_reiserfs program allows to grow a reiserfs on-line if there is a free space on block device. If you wish to shrink an reiserfs partition, first use resize_reiserfs to shrink the file system. You may then use cfdisk(8) to shrink the device. When shrinking the size of the device, make sure you do not make it smaller than the reduced size of the reiserfs filesystem. OPTIONS
-s [+|-]size Set the new size in bytes. -j dev Set the journal device name. -f Force, do not perform checks. -q Do not print anything but error messages. -v Turn on extra progress status messages (default). RETURN VALUES
0 Resizing successful. -1 In another case. EXAMPLES
The following example shows how to test resize_reiserfs. Suppose 2Gb reiserfs filesystem is created on the device /dev/hda8 and is mounted on /mnt. For shrinking the device we need to unmount it first, then run resize_reiserfs with a size parameter (in this case -1Gb): df umount /mnt resize_reiserfs -s -1G /dev/hda8 mount /dev/hda8 /mnt df /mnt WARNING
Note that this is a BETA program and may corrupt filesystems. AUTHOR
This version of resize_reiserfs has been written by Alexander Zarochentcev <zam@namesys.com>. BUGS
Please, report about the bugs to Alexander Zarochentcev <zam@namesys.com> or to Hans Reiser <reiser@namesys.com>. SEE ALSO
cfdisk(8), reiserfsck(8), debugreiserfs(8) Reiserfsprogs-3.6.4 January 2002 RESIZE_REISERFS(8)