Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP Shell Scripts from Windows to Unix: files have exotic characters Post 62583 by Laud12345 on Thursday 17th of February 2005 10:32:48 AM
Old 02-17-2005
Best FTP?

I am using PSFTP since I can only do SSH FTP. What utility do you guys use that would be more user friendly and has ability to do SSH.

Thanks vgersh99: you must be a real guru at this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp files from Unix to Windows through shell program

Hi, I made a shell script to allow user to ftp file to windows shared drive. Here is part of my code within my shell script: /usr/bin/ftpmtc $usr $pswd $jobno Within 'ftpmtc': #ARGUMENT: USER,PASWD,JOBNO,VER,LOG_DATE,$$ $UCB/echo "user $1 $2" > $inst_file $UCB/echo "cd prod" >> $inst_file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell to FTP file from Windows to unix

I need your help for a FTP Job to be schedule to copy files from windows to Unix. in a set of time interval. My requirement is as follows. 1.Script should check whether file is available in the windows folder , if available then do FTP to unix server , and then move... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.kamble
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP Unix Box to Windows Shell Script

Hello All, Could someone help me out with this? I want to incorporate this into an existing script so the output of a SAS job can be ftp'd from our UNIX box to a directory on a drive in Windows environment. Can this be done with no extra third party software? We currently use Putty for copy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jose Miguel
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from unix shell script to windows

Hi, I m trying to connect/establish FTP from unix shell script to my PC.Below the script i have written #!/bin/ksh ftp -v -n ddcappip01.com << "EOF" user Amit jason bye EOF ------------------------------ERROR-------------------------- but i m getting the below error for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script to ftp files from windows to unix

Hi , I need to ftp some input files from windows to unix server.All the files will be saved in the C drive in my machine.Currently all these files are transferring manually to the unix server.I need to write a shell script which ftp the files from windows to unix box.When I searched in the forum i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to ftp the files from windows to unix server

Hi, I need to ftp some input files from windows to unix server.All the files will be saved in the C drive in my machine. Currently all these files are transferring manually to the unix server.I need to write a shell script which ftp the files from windows to unix box.When I searched in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavithakuttyk
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files

Experts, I am newbie in shell scripting. I want to write Bash shell scripts corresponding to windows bat files. I have installed cygwin at c:\cygwin and i am trying to crate the sh file using vi editor. i am not able to understand how to use linux/unix convention for the code. following is my... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuchacha007
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows to UNIX FTP Special characters!

I have a file that has the name in one of the lines as MARíA MENDOZA in Windows. When this gets FTPed over to UNIX it appears as MAR�A MENDOZA. Is there anyway to overcome this? Its causing a issue because the file is Postional and fields are getting pushed by 2 digits.. Any help would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky338
4 Replies
bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)					      General Commands Manual					       bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)

NAME
bssh/bvnc/bshell - Browse for SSH/VNC servers on the local network SYNOPSIS
bssh bvnc bshell DESCRIPTION
bssh/bvnc/bshell browses for SSH/VNC servers on the local network, shows them in a GUI for the user to select one and finally calls ssh/vncviewer after a selection was made. If the binary is called as bssh only ssh servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bvnc only VNC servers will be shown. If the binary is called as bshell both VNC and SSH servers are shown. OPTIONS
-s | --ssh Browse for SSH servers (and only SSH servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -v | --vnc Browse for VNC servers (and only VNC servers) regardless under which name the binary is called. -S | --shell Browse for both VNC and SSH servers regardless under which name the binary is called. -d | --domain= DOMAIN Browse in the specified domain. If omitted bssh/bvnc/bshell will browse in the default browsing domain (usually .local) -h | --help Show help. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-browse(1), ssh(1), vncviewer(1) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User bssh/bvnc/bshell(1)