Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting Text File into XML using Unix Shell Scripts Post 62379 by gozer13 on Tuesday 15th of February 2005 01:28:01 PM
Old 02-15-2005
hmm similar like something I am working on myself. I need to judge the varying length of a string and create independent results. I don't think substr will work for me though, but sounds like it may be one solution for your quandary.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz Help To convert xml file to text file using bourn shell scripts

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> <country_code>AK></country_code>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Converting UNIX scripts to DOS

Is there a tool available to convert UNIX (BASH Shell) scripts to DOS scripts? I understand that DOS scripting is far inferior to unix scripting, and therfore this conversion may not be possible. Alternativley, perhaps I could convert my Unix scripts to C... then compile it for a windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crozz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell program to check if the same text appears twice in an XML file

Hi All, I am very new to this forum and beginner to shell scripting. I need a shell script to: Search for a text in XML file à if the same text appears twice in an XML file à output file name Script should loop thru every xml file of a given folder. Please help me writing this script. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amardeep001
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting scripts from dos 2 unix format

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and exploring it , I have developed few sample shell script but I have developed them on windows xp notepad and then saving them on folder and then testing them on cywgin and running perfectly...but these scripts are in dos format and I want to convert them in unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul125
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to Text file Parsing Using shell scripting

Hi folks, Need some help with XML to text file parsing , the following is the content of the XML File. <xn:SubNetwork id="SNJNPRZDCR0R03"> <xn:MeContext id="PRSJU0005"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="PRSJU0005"> <xn:attributes> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with converting XML to Flat file

Hi Friends, I want to convert a XML file to flat file. Sample I/p: <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' ?> <DataFile xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' contactCount='4999' date='2012-04-14' time='22:00:14' xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation='gen .xsd'> <Contact... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
3 Replies

7. Solaris

XML to Text file Parsing Using shell scripting

Hi, I want to parse an XML File using Shell Script preferably by using awk command, I/P file is : <gn:ExternalGsmCell id="016P3A"> <gn:attributes> <gn:mnc>410</gn:mnc> <gn:mcc>310</gn:mcc> <gn:lac>8016</gn:lac> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

9. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
GLGETTRANSFORMFEEDBA(3G)					  [FIXME: manual]					  GLGETTRANSFORMFEEDBA(3G)

NAME
glGetTransformFeedbackVarying - retrieve information about varying variables selected for transform feedback C SPECIFICATION
void glGetTransformFeedbackVarying(GLuintprogram, GLuintindex, GLsizeibufSize, GLsizei *length, GLsizeisize, GLenum *type, char *name); PARAMETERS
program The name of the target program object. index The index of the varying variable whose information to retrieve. bufSize The maximum number of characters, including the null terminator, that may be written into name. length The address of a variable which will receive the number of characters written into name, excluding the null-terminator. If length is NULL no length is returned. size The address of a variable that will receive the size of the varying. type The address of a variable that will recieve the type of the varying. name The address of a buffer into which will be written the name of the varying. DESCRIPTION
Information about the set of varying variables in a linked program that will be captured during transform feedback may be retrieved by calling glGetTransformFeedbackVarying. glGetTransformFeedbackVarying provides information about the varying variable selected by index. An index of 0 selects the first varying variable specified in the varyings array passed to glTransformFeedbackVaryings(), and an index of GL_TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK_VARYINGS-1 selects the last such variable. The name of the selected varying is returned as a null-terminated string in name. The actual number of characters written into name, excluding the null terminator, is returned in length. If length is NULL, no length is returned. The maximum number of characters that may be written into name, including the null terminator, is specified by bufSize. The length of the longest varying name in program is given by GL_TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK_VARYING_MAX_LENGTH, which can be queried with glGetProgram(). For the selected varying variable, its type is returned into type. The size of the varying is returned into size. The value in size is in units of the type returned in type. The type returned can be any of the scalar, vector, or matrix attribute types returned by glGetActiveAttrib(). If an error occurred, the return parameters length, size, type and name will be unmodified. This command will return as much information about the varying variables as possible. If no information is available, length will be set to zero and name will be an empty string. This situation could arise if glGetTransformFeedbackVarying is called after a failed link. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if program is not the name of a program object. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if index is greater or equal to the value of GL_TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK_VARYINGS. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated program has not been linked. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGetProgram() with argument GL_TRANSFORM_FEEDBACK_VARYING_MAX_LENGTH. SEE ALSO
glBeginTransformFeedback(), glEndTransformFeedback(), glTransformFeedbackVaryings(), glGetProgram() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. [FIXME: source] 05/30/2012 GLGETTRANSFORMFEEDBA(3G)