Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD Having problem with FreeBSD 5.3 Post 62305 by GarbageKing on Monday 14th of February 2005 09:53:32 PM
Old 02-14-2005
Thanks.
ic, so the problem is the software I'm using. Okay, I'll try to get another burner, anyway, thanks for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

New FreeBSD User....Xwindows Problem

Hi, would anybody kindly help me as I am new in FreeBSD 4.4 (downloaded iso image from FreeBSD.org) and have installed it to an HP VEctra Pentium 1-166Mhz PC, have installled all the devices mouse,video card,monitor and some ports specifically to Xfree86 and all gnome related to "X" but when I type... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charlie499
3 Replies

2. Programming

[Problem] raise a signal in FreeBSD

I am trying to send a SIGUSR1 to a set of process. Please tell me how to do. I've tried the system call raise(int sig) but it just raise a signal of to the 'current process.' My program is about a network chat server. When a client connects in, The main process will fork a new process... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Namely
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FreeBSD problem

I recently installed FreeBSD on my Dell Inspiron 1100 and it works fine. The problem is that I dont know how to connect it to the internet. I have a Linksys Wireless B Network Adapter but if I cant use that, I can use my internal 10/100 Ethernet card. I also use a Linksys Wireless B & G router. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mincuslcd
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help. I have a problem with installing FreeBSD

hi. I am newbie in Unix. I wanted to install Free BSD 5.2.1 to my computer which winXp was already installed. But i couldn't. I chose Standard. Then it said you are going to use dos style fdisk partitioning. Then a window displayed begining like this. WARNING: A geometry of 155127/16/63 for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with permissions FreeBSD

See below: root#host:/home>ls -la | grep mirus drwxr-xr-x 31 mirus staff 2048 Dec 30 11:01 mirus root#host:/home>su mirus su: /home/mirus/.bashrc: Permission denied mirus#host:/usr/home>id uid=1227(mirus) gid=20(staff) groups=20(staff) mirus#host:/usr/home>cd ~/ su: cd:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirusnet
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in installing x window on freeBSD 7.0

i have installed freeBSD 7.0 using the 5 cds. when i try to install the gnome or kde during the post-installation, the following error appears: "ghost-script gpl-8.60 aborted error 1 ......." Do u think that the cd(it's the second cd) is corrupted or i missed some steps which i should follow. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solomonml
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

FreeBSD NFS Problem

I am trying to setup 2 network shares that exist on a server. One of the shares is mounted but when i try to mount the second share I am greeted with: # mount srv:/data/music /data/music srv:/data/music: RPCPROG_NFS: RPC: Program not registered Server Info: name: srv #cat /etc/exports:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezekiel61
0 Replies

8. BSD

Problem with installing freeBSD in Virtualbox

Hello, when I try to install freeBSD in Virtualbox it always reboots when copying the files for the OS. Does anyone know what's wrong? It must be the VM Settings, but I can't seem to get behind it... any help would be very nice. I have to old and new freeBSD Versions. (new = downloaded... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dr. Nick
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with FreeBSD 8.3. BIOS affected

Hello everybody. I have a problem of this kind: After installation of FreeBSD, my Windows XP became unreachable. Boot from CDROM is impossible. The conclusion: BIOS was damaged by GParted or some other program. Question: Are there any Unix means of updating (repairing) BIOS ?:wall: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabux
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem connecting FreeBSD VM(Hyper-v) to internet

I created a VM for FreeBSD on hyper-v and i am having trouble connecting it to the internet. My virtual machine config are as below: 100 GB HD 1GB RAM Generation 1 Two Network adapters 1. Legacy Network Adapter 2. Network Adapter both are connected to network switch "Internet" which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishawdeep
2 Replies
ABRT-DUMP-OOPS(1)						    ABRT Manual 						 ABRT-DUMP-OOPS(1)

NAME
abrt-dump-oops - Extract oops from FILE (or standard input) SYNOPSIS
abrt-dump-oops [-vusoxtm] [-d DIR]/[-D] [FILE] DESCRIPTION
This tool creates problem directory from, updates problem directory with or prints oops extracted from FILE or standard input. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Be more verbose. Can be given multiple times. -s Log to syslog -o Print found oopses on standard output -d DIR Create new problem directory in DIR for every oops found -D Same as -d DumpLocation, DumpLocation is specified in abrt.conf -u PROBLEM Save the extracted information in PROBLEM directory -x Make the problem directory world readable. Usable only with -d/-D -t Throttle problem directory creation to 1 per second -m Print search string(s) for abrt-watch-log to stdout and exit SEE ALSO
abrt-watch-log(1), abrt.conf(5) AUTHORS
o ABRT team abrt 2.1.11 06/18/2014 ABRT-DUMP-OOPS(1)