Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to Find who is calling me? Post 62099 by jim mcnamara on Friday 11th of February 2005 10:23:39 AM
Old 02-11-2005
OP wants to know if a function can do a stack crawl to find the address of the calling function - I do not know how.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

i am trying to find out who is calling me

they are having an operator call my home line and also my cell number and they are typing and the operator tells me what they are typing on their computer. i nevere heard of this. it is new to me. it is free the operator said, they knew my name and also a friend of mine's name...the phone says the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gail
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi calling template

Hello. I want to copy temp files when I make a new file by vi. For example, 09:32:52 ~/ $ mkdir test 09:33:03 ~/ $ cd test/ 09:33:09 ~/test/ $ ls 09:33:16 ~/test/ $ vi test.cpp 09:34:37 ~/test/ $ cat test.cpp #include <iostream> int main() { } 09:34:48 ~/test/ $ vi test.bash 09:35:19... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Euler04
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling alias

I have created a shortcut for the file kill_process.sh as shown below. alias kill_process="sh /root/kill_process.sh" It is working as per my expectations. But I have 2 questions. 1) Is there any better way? 2) How do I check what does kill_process link to? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shantanuo
1 Replies

4. Programming

calling Perl from C

Hi, I am trying to execute a perl script from c program. I tried using system command. system("perl test.pl filename") ; This perl program takes filename as input and prints a number to screen. I need to get that returned number in C program. system command is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkusumam
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a file

Hi, How to call a file in shell script? I need to execute a file in shell script whether its possibel if it please give some example please help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
4 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script calling Perl function, sort and find data, write to new files

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a shell script that calls two external Perl functions--one of which sorts the data in a file, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowit010
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How does calling it .sh help?

Hi. I have been running some scripts ok with no extension on the name, and they work fine. What difference does it make if I call them whatever.sh? And I have some scripts starting #!/bin/bash - which debian recognises as shell scritps, even without the .sh ending - and some which don't. I'm sure... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: triplemaya
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling a find/remove within a script

Greetings all, I am calling a remove from within a script that is used for a cleanup process.. It is not working as expected. Here is what I am doing. I have a config file that lists out a directory name, and the options to run Within the config file DIR1="find... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -exec How to add additional parameter when calling a funtion

Hello Current working script is : # # my_script BEGIN # function a_function { FIRST_PARAM="$1" DO_SOMETHING "$FIRST_PARAM" } export -f a_function START_HERE="/home/some_user/Documents" find $START_HERE" -exec bash -c 'a_function "$0" ' {} \; (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling specific characters from a find variable

I'm trying to do something like this: find . -name blablabla -exec ln -s ./"{:53:14} blablabla" \; The idea is find blablabla and create a symbolic link to it using part of it's path and then it's name, "blablabla." I just don't know if I can call characters out of a find variable. ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: scribling
16 Replies
sigstack(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					      sigstack(3C)

NAME
sigstack - set and/or get alternate signal stack context SYNOPSIS
#include <signal.h> int sigstack(struct sigstack *ss, struct sigstack *oss); DESCRIPTION
The sigstack() function allows the calling process to indicate to the system an area of its address space to be used for processing signals received by the process. If the ss argument is not a null pointer, it must point to a sigstack structure. The length of the application-supplied stack must be at least SIGSTKSZ bytes. If the alternate signal stack overflows, the resulting behavior is undefined. (See USAGE below.) o The value of the ss_onstack member indicates whether the process wants the system to use an alternate signal stack when deliver- ing signals. o The value of the ss_sp member indicates the desired location of the alternate signal stack area in the process' address space. o If the ss argument is a null pointer, the current alternate signal stack context is not changed. If the oss argument is not a null pointer, it points to a sigstack structure in which the current alternate signal stack context is placed. The value stored in the ss_onstack member of oss will be non-zero if the process is currently executing on the alternate signal stack. If the oss argument is a null pointer, the current alternate signal stack context is not returned. When a signal's action indicates its handler should execute on the alternate signal stack (specified by calling sigaction(2)), sigstack() checks to see if the process is currently executing on that stack. If the process is not currently executing on the alternate signal stack, the system arranges a switch to the alternate signal stack for the duration of the signal handler's execution. After a successful call to one of the exec functions, there are no alternate signal stacks in the new process image. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, sigstack() returns 0. Otherwise, it returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The sigstack() function will fail if: EPERM An attempt was made to modify an active stack. USAGE
A portable application, when being written or rewritten, should use sigaltstack(2) instead of sigstack(). The direction of stack growth is not indicated in the historical definition of struct sigstack. The only way to portably establish a stack pointer is for the application to determine stack growth direction, or to allocate a block of storage and set the stack pointer to the mid- dle. sigstack() may assume that the size of the signal stack is SIGSTKSZ as found in <signal.h>. An application that would like to specify a signal stack size other than SIGSTKSZ should use sigaltstack(2). Applications should not use longjmp(3C) to leave a signal handler that is running on a stack established with sigstack(). Doing so may dis- able future use of the signal stack. For abnormal exit from a signal handler, siglongjmp(3C), setcontext(2), or swapcontext(3C) may be used. These functions fully support switching from one stack to another. The sigstack() function requires the application to have knowledge of the underlying system's stack architecture. For this reason, sigalt- stack(2) is recommended over this function. SEE ALSO
fork(2), _longjmp(3C), longjmp(3C), setjmp(3C), sigaltstack(2), siglongjmp(3C), sigsetjmp(3C) SunOS 5.11 28 Feb 1996 sigstack(3C)