Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: date program in ksh
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users date program in ksh Post 6158 by patvdv on Thursday 30th of August 2001 12:43:23 PM
Old 08-30-2001
If this is meant to be ksh shell script then why are you using the old and messy backquotes instead $() and expr instead of $(())?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

parameters from my program in c to a .ksh script

hi.. this is my question: it is possible transfer parameters from my program written in C to a .ksh script? how can i do it? i have a program in C, what is called from a .ksh script, and i need what the C program returns some values (parameters) please, help me - any idea thanks ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh program with password

Hi, I am looking for a way to utilize password when the ksh program is launched. What's the standard or best way to do it? Thanks for your help! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep within ksh program

Hi, is there problem with grep command when using ksh? I had the below command: /usr/bin/grep \""$Mon $NewDD\"" /tmp/timemanager/intlog.$$ >> /tmp/timemanager/log.$$ 2>/dev/null when I run ksh in debug mode, this command can not grep anything even the data is in the file. + /usr/bin/grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to get previous date from date command in ksh

I want to get previous date from date command. I am using ksh shell. Exmp: today is 2008.09.04 I want the result : 2008.09.03 Please help. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert ksh to C program

Hi Guys...is there a way to convert a .ksh script to .C program..? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggars
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Get 60 days Old date from current date in KSH script

Hi i am writing a cron job. so for it i need the 60 days old date form current date in variable. Like today date is 27 jan 2011 then output value will be stote in variable in formet Nov 27. i am using EST date, and tried lot of solution and see lot of post but it did not helpful for me. so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh compare dates INSIDE a file (ie date A is > date B)

In KSH, I am pasting 2 almost identical files together and each one has a date and time on each line. I need to determine if the first instance of the date/time is greater than the 2nd instance of the date/time. If the first instance is greater, I just need to echo that line. I thought I would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh program

Hi, I have a text file with multiple sql statements in which I have pick only the below select update and delete statements and do print as given below. All the select,update,delete statements will be as same as ( subquery with ().all statements ending with ; ) the examples given below. 1)... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasa_vs
19 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to convert date into no. using date -d +%s syntax in ksh shell

hi friends, I m trying to write a script which compares to dates. for this i am converting dates into no using synatx as below v2=`date | awk '{print $2,$3,$4}'` v3=`date +%s -d "$v2"` this syntax is working in bash shell ,but fails in ksh shell. please suggest on this. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print start date to end date, given $1 & $2 in ksh

Dear all, I have an user passing 2 parameter 31/03/2015 and 02/04/2015 to a ksh script. How to print the start date to end date. Expected output is : 31/03/2015 01/04/2015 02/04/2015 Note : 1. Im using aix and ksh 2. I have tried to convert the given input into a date, didnt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.rajaravi
0 Replies
let(1)								   User Commands							    let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... ksh93 let [expr...] DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate arithmetic expression to be evaluated. ksh93 let evaluates each expr in the current shell environment as an arithmetic expression using ANSI C syntax. Variables names are shell vari- ables and they are recursively evaluated as arithmetic expressions to get numerical values. let has been made obsolete by the ((...)) syn- tax of ksh93(1) which does not require quoting of the operators to pass them as command arguments. EXIT STATUS
ksh ksh returns the following exit values: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ksh93 ksh93 returns the following exit values: 0 The last expr evaluates to a non-zero value. >0 The last expr evaluates to 0 or an error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), ksh93(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Nov 2007 let(1)