Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: question regarding EXPECT
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting question regarding EXPECT Post 61494 by finnje on Friday 4th of February 2005 09:23:26 AM
Old 02-04-2005
Thanks NEO but that is pretty much what I already have.

I just need to find out how to incorporate a loop in expect so that i can run the script over and over again for a huge list of servers.

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

expect question

I am trying to write a script that telnets out to multiple ip's, runs some commands exits and the telnets to the next ip. I wrote the following script and it works great until the program hits a nonresponsive ip. I would like this to recognize the ip is bad and move on in the foreach loop. How... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbaets01
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about an expect script

I am using Expect to spawn a command that loops through a text file and runs the same command for each item in the text file. The text file, named stat.txt looks something like this: 2007-04 alist 543 2008-07 blist 543 2008-03 xlist 345 2008-03 ylist 675 2003-03 zlist 567 The expect... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manouche
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect question

Hi all, I have got a small expect script like this one. #!/usr/bin/expect -f set timeout 2 spawn ftp $env(IP) match_max 100000 expect -exact "Name" send -- "$env(USER)\n" expect -exact "Password:" send -- "$env(PASSWORD)\n" expect "%" send "bin\r" expect "%" send "prompt\r"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

two question about expect srcipt

Hi experts, I have two question about expect script questions 1 send "tar -xjvf a.tar\r" send "ifconfig\r" I want to know if it just run "ifconfig after "tar -xjvf a.tar complete. or the two cmd run at the same time question 2 after I use the expect to ssh to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Noob Expect Scripting Question

I'm having some difficulty with convincing Expect to do what I need.. I have a loop that waits for input, a specific phrase of text followed by a single word. I need Expect to capture that word following the specific phrase. It should then store the word in a variable. I'm fairly sure it's... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LongLeafTea
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question to gurus with expect

Hi., I need to ask question for expect script. I have prompt like # and very long script (orachk). I added to expect script line set prompt "(%|#|\\\$) $" and insert into it also piece of code ---- expect { timeout { puts "Running..." exp_continue } ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beckss
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect question

I have an expect script that appears to be working normally however for some reason, the remote side appears to be stripping off the variables from the awk command. This is the original: expect \"~]$\" send \"sed 's/=/ /g;s/,/ /g' /home/file.txt | grep abc | awk '{print $6,$8}'This is the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect Question

Have an expect script but can't seem to de-bug it. It's stalling at the password prompt. If anyone can see a mistake, kindly let me know. Thanks. Here is the error: spawn ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no user@xx.xx.xx.xx rpm -qa # Warning! You have entered into a secured area! # # All... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect Question

I'm using expect to log into a remote host and then execute another script. A log of the script is being created but I can't see to get the script to display while it's running. Any ideas would be appreciated. Here is the script. #!/bin/bash cd /root cat /root/hostname1.txt | while read... (1 Reply)
1 Replies
Xsession.options(5)						File Formats Manual					       Xsession.options(5)

NAME
Xsession.options - configuration options for Xsession(5) DESCRIPTION
/etc/X11/Xsession.options contains a set of flags that determine some of the behavior of the Xsession(5) Bourne shell (sh(1)) script. See the Xsession(5) manpage for further information. Xsession.options may contain comments, which begin with a hash mark ('#') and end at the next newline, just like comments in shell scripts. The rest of the file consists of options which are expressed as words separated by hyphens, with only one option per line. Options are enabled by simply placing them in the file; they are disabled by prefixing the option name with 'no-'. Available options are: allow-failsafe If the 'failsafe' argument is passed to the Xsession script, an emergency X session is invoked, consisting of only an x-termi- nal-emulator(1) in the upper-left hand corner of the screen. No window manager is started. If an x-terminal-emulator program is not available, the session exits immediately. allow-user-resources If users have a file called .Xresources in their home directories, these resources will be merged with the default X resources when they log in. allow-user-xsession If users have an executable file called .xsession in their home directories, it can be used as the startup program for the X session (see Xsession(5)). If the file is present but not executable, it may still be used, but is assumed to be a Bourne shell script, and executed with sh(1). use-session-dbus If the dbus package is installed, the session bus will be activated at X session launch. use-ssh-agent If the ssh-agent(1) program is available and no agent process appears to be running already, the X session will be invoked by exec'ing ssh-agent with the startup command, instead of the startup command directly. All of the above options are enabled by default. Additional options may be supported by the local administrator. Xsession(5) describes how this is accomplished. AUTHORS
Stephen Early, Mark Eichin, and Branden Robinson developed Debian's X session handling scripts. Branden Robinson wrote this manual page. SEE ALSO
Xsession(5), ssh-agent(1), x-terminal-emulator(1) Debian Project 2004-10-31 Xsession.options(5)