Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Seeing windows PC's from Unix Post 611 by PxT on Tuesday 19th of December 2000 03:59:19 PM
Old 12-19-2000
No problem. You need a product called "Samba" for your unix box which will allow you to mount Windows file shares, and use windows printers. I believe they are at http://www.samba.org
It is free software under the GPL.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to subtract 2 hours from 'date' in shell ( /bin/sh ) script ?

I write a sh script that zip and copy to tape all files that older then 2 hours. 1. The way I choose is - touch a file with "now - 2 hours", then use fine with '! -newer' 2. Do you have any other idea to do it ? tnx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yairon
1 Replies

2. Programming

i can't use 'make' in my computer?

I need to compile a file,but 'make' does not work.please tell me how to use it or need which tools? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsun5
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX PATH info required PLEASE HELP (I'm new to unix)

I need to know how to enter a unix path in a cgi script for a guest book: example: My URL is http://www.kitachi.info I have an html file in the main folder on my site, the file is called : gbook.html what would the correct unix path for this file be ??? the part of the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akitachi
1 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

HELP! The '/var/adm/message' file increase every few seconds???

Hi, guys, I have a big problem. I've got a sun solaris 4.1.4 workstation, and the /var/adm/message file will add one row every few seconds. It soon becomes a large file. I wander if there are some mistakes configuring the workstation. the /var/adm/message is as follow: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cloudsmell
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

BELKIN 'F5D5020' 16bit PCMCIA - FreeBSD HOWTO

Hey all, I've bought a few bits from Belkin who seem quite happy to support FreeBSD! Last time I bought a UPS from them and it's still going well :D I saw this on their website that the 16bit PCMCIA card was supported under FreeBSD: http://www.belkin.com/network/F5D5020.html I went to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix ISO's for FTP, I've searched the other Posts

Where Do I download Unix ISO's for free? I have searched this database for other related posts, but to no avail. All I need is this info, and I don't want Linux; just a Unix site. Please and thank you for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: killrazor
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies
IXPC(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   IXPC(1)

NAME
ixpc - ixp client SYNOPSIS
ixpc [-a address] action file ixpc -v DESCRIPTION
Overview ixpc is a client to access a 9P file server from the command line or from shell scripts. It can be used to configure wmii(1). Options -a address Lets you specify the address to which ixpc will establish a connection. If this option is not supplied, and the environment variable IXP_ADDRESS is set, ixpc will use this value as its address. Currently, the address can only be a unix socket file or a tcp socket. The syntax for address is taken (along with many other profound ideas) from the Plan 9 operating system and has the form unix!/path/to/socket for unix socket files, and tcp!hostname!port for tcp sockets. -v Prints version information to stdout, then exits. The syntax of the actions is as follows: write Writes the supplied data from the standard input to file, overwriting any previous data. The data to be written is arbitrary and only gains meaning (and restrictions) when it is interpreted by wmiiwm(1). See EXAMPLES below. xwrite The same as write, but the data is taken from subsequent arguments, rather than the standard input. create Creates file or directory. If the file exists, nothing is done. ls Lists files and directories. read Reads file or directory contents. remove Removes file or directory tree. ENVIRONMENT
IXP_ADDRESS See above. EXAMPLES
ixpc ls / This prints the root directory of the wmii filesystem, if IXP_ADDRESS is set to the address of wmii. For more information about the contents of this filesystem, see wmiiwm(1). ixpc xwrite /ctl quit Write 'quit' to the main control file of the wmii filesystem, effectively leaving wmii. ixpc write /keys < keys.txt Replace the contents of /keys with the contents of keys.txt SEE ALSO
wmii(1) http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/sys/man/5/INDEX.html ixpc-VERSION IXPC(1)