Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers regarding the scheduling of the process Post 603 by PxT on Monday 18th of December 2000 01:06:27 PM
Old 12-18-2000
See the manpage for crontab. There is also the 'at' command. Either one would do what you need.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scheduling

i have tried to schedule my process at a certain time using the at command : the error says bad time specification can somebody help me i used at 2300 job thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantuc
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scheduling Policy Of Process

Hello How to know the scheduling policy of the process in HP-UX. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manjunath
1 Replies

3. Programming

scheduling a process

hi there i m having a confusion here with the looping in this example below. can someone help me out!? #include<stdio.h> main() { char it = 'a'; char stop = 'z'; int x,ret; for(; it<'f';it++) { // for(x=0; x<32000;x++) ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

job/process scheduling or control

Hi forum, I have a problem concerning job or process scheduling and control. I have to run 24 jobs (could be more sometimes less) of the same programme with different parameters. The machine this code is running on is an 8-core machine, so I was thinking that running all the processes at once... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deiphon
0 Replies

5. AIX

Adjust disk scheduling priority for a process?

Hi all! Some dumb administrator run the weekly backup "by hand" on our AIX 5.3 server, which we use to deploy Websphere applications, during work hours. Using the server while the backup is taking place is almost imposible. Both the disks are working at 100% and it's almost unusable. Asking the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shandrio
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab scheduling

Hi all, My OS is Solaris 10. I want to schedule a job which i need to run between morining 6 to eve 6 once for every 2 hours. This is what i did. 0 6-18 * * 1-5 /monitor.sh It runs for every hour how to make it for every two hours ...... Thanks, Firestar. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: firestar
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process Scheduling where to start

Hello, i'm absolutely new to the whole Operating Systems thing. I am pretty much level 0. My assignment is to "simulate the execution of a stream of processes by a computer system, one CPU, many terminals 12 disk drives, 30 public mailboxes. The professor runs a series of inputs which is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JaneSkylar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scheduling scheduling !!!

Hi, i have 10 sh scripts. All are running in parallel using cron tab and each script gives "success" flag files once the execution is completed. and, now i have 11th script which should look for "success" flag from those 10 sh scripts. once all the 10 flag files found, 11 th script has to do... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nago123
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help regarding cronjob scheduling

Hello All, I have three requirements to schedule three shell scripts in crontab. Could you please help me in this: 1) To schedule a shell script every 5mins interval every day between 10PM to 10:30PM 2) To schedule a shell script every 10min interval every day between 9AM to 10AM. 3) To... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process Scheduling Information Extraction

I want to extract the process having highest utilization on each processor core and then output its information (PID etc.) to a file. How can I do it by using either top or ps command? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vaibhavs1985
1 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab -- maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [-u user] file crontab [-u user] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
The crontab utility is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and they are not intended to be edited directly. (Darwin note: Although cron(8) and crontab(5) are officially supported under Darwin, their functionality has been absorbed into launchd(8), which provides a more flexible way of automatically executing commands. See launchctl(1) for more information.) If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the /usr/lib/cron/cron.allow file does not exist but the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. The format of these files is one username per line, with no leading or trailing whitespace. Lines of other formats will be ignored, and so can be used for com- ments. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename '-' is given. The following options are available: -u Specify the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines ``your'' crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(1) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(1) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. -l Display the current crontab on standard output. -r Remove the current crontab. -e Edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. The specified editor must edit the file in place; any editor that unlinks the file and recreates it cannot be used. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. FILES
/usr/lib/cron/cron.allow /usr/lib/cron/cron.deny DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), compat(5), cron(8), launchctl(1) STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). The new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. AUTHORS
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> BSD
December 29, 1993 BSD