Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris unix/solaris data eraser software Post 60200 by RTM on Wednesday 12th of January 2005 11:11:02 PM
Old 01-13-2005
I am surprised the DOD don't have those products listed - but a quick search of the 'Net can give you some like Diskpurge

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I download Solaris 8 or any new Unix Software???

help me with this people. I need to know (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to practice unix in online without unix software

hi, im new to unix.i dont have unix software in my system. Is there any website is there to practice unix in online can u please any one help me...... thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowridoc
3 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

help needed- data analysis-table-chart-2d plot software

Hi all, I posted the same message under 'Kaleidagraph like software for Ubuntu' thread. I guess there may not be many people familiar with Kaleidagraph. So I post my message under another subject name. I need a tool for Ubuntu 8.10, -which is quick and easy to learn and use (as I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apprentice
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will moving data from one filesystem to another affect current software installation

Here we have concern. We have a IBM software installed in a server S1 in the location : /opt/IBM. In this server S1, we have /opt file system in local disk. We don't have any option to increase the file system there. We have created a separate /opt/IBM_NEW file system with 10GB in S1 server.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mehimadri
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Purchasing Solaris Software

I am traditionally from the world of HP-UX, but have inherited seven Sun servers - a mixture of V120 and V240 servers. They have not been on software support with Sun/Oracle and I now need to purchase the latest versions of Solaris to put on them rather than put them back on support. Does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcusfra
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Software

Does anyone know of any other place to download Solaris 9 packages other than Oracle's website. I'm looking to setup Solaris 9 containers and needing package SUNWs9brandk. I don't have a account with Oracle to allow me to download this package. I'm using a Solaris 10 server update 9. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML (and insert data) then output data (bash / Solaris)

Hi folks I have a script I wrote that basically parses a bunch of config and xml files works out were to add in the new content then spits out the data into a new file. It all works - apart from the xml and config file format in the new file with XML files the original XML (that ends up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinch
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)