Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SFR Files on floppy tobe access in windows Post 591 by mharck29 on Sunday 17th of December 2000 01:31:30 AM
Old 12-17-2000
Error

I have here a UnixSlackware 2.01 disk that contains a so called SFR files, i want to open it on windows system since i dont have a unix system, is it posible ???

i tried to install WIPRO UWIN (korn shell) on my windows system but i cant access the floppydisk...

so is there a posible solution to this problem ???

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help to access/mount so to access folder/files on a Remote System using Linux OS

Hi I need to access files from a specific folder of a Linux system from an another Linux System Remotely. I know how to, Export a folder on One SCO System & can access the same by using Import via., NFS in the Sco Unix SVR4 System using the scoadmin utility. Also, I know to use mount -t ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I read files from the floppy in RedHat7.1

Can anybody tell me how can I read files from floppy. The files which are written in dos format. What I want to do is read files which I have on my Windows Machine and read those files On RedHat7.1 Machine. When I do this command mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 mnt/floppy I can see the files and I copy... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: syedifti
9 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

I cant access the floppy

I have two Digital boxs... vintage mid90's OS DEC Unix... I need to write an ASCII file to the floppy drive for transfer to a Windows box. The boxes are isolated. No email, no internet, no network... except between each other. A primary and a backup. I examined /dev and found two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChrisCram
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i access (mount, read & write) a floppy disk from the console, not being root?

welll, the title quite explains what i want to do thanks for your time! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfaday
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access Windows NT files through Unix.

I would like to write a script running on UNIX to purge files on Windows NT. How can access directory structure on NT through Unix? I am new to UNIX world. Could someone help me with the code. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkarekar
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to format a floppy in unix filesystem from windows

Hi, we have a strange problem. We have to format any floppy disk HD in unix filesystem mode (SCO) but we haven't unix workstations. Are there any software to make this formatting from windows xp pc ? Regards Gianpaolo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elektra
1 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 8 Packages necessary for Floppy Access

I'm a newbie to Unix, but am working with some people that are more knowledgable than I, and we're all stumped. We are working to secure (Information Assurance) a Command & Control System that uses a Solaris 8 Application server. As part of this process, we are attempting to minimize the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Access wubi files from windows 7

I am unable to boot into my ubuntu installation. I have installed using wubi in windows 7. I just want too access and get some files and then reinstall ubuntu. I know that the files are located in C:/ubuntu/disks/root.disk. I have tried to use explore2fs, but that doesn't seem to work with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do I require remote login access to a windows server to transfer files from a UNIX server

Hi All I need to transfer a file from a UNIX server to a windows server. I saw that it is possible to do this using scp command by looking at the forum listed below: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
2 Replies
ddi_dma_numwin(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					ddi_dma_numwin(9F)

NAME
ddi_dma_numwin - retrieve number of DMA windows SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_dma_numwin(ddi_dma_handle_t handle, uint_t *nwinp); PARAMETERS
handle The DMA handle previously allocated by a call to ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F). nwinp Upon a successful return, nwinp will contain the number of DMA windows for this object. INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
ddi_dma_numwin() returns the number of DMA windows for a DMA object if partial resource allocation was permitted. RETURN VALUES
ddi_dma_numwin() returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully filled in the number of DMA windows. DDI_FAILURE DMA windows are not activated. CONTEXT
ddi_dma_numwin() can be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F), ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_unbind_handle(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 29 Sep 1994 ddi_dma_numwin(9F)