Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: downloading through ftp
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users downloading through ftp Post 58923 by moxxx68 on Saturday 4th of December 2004 03:48:25 PM
Old 12-04-2004
i have a problem with packages that require make install installations..
i tried the syntax;
./configure && make && su -c "make install" as stated
is there a way to go about this installing the package manually like it is possible with some binary packages.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading with lynx

Hi there! I one saw a command that allowed to download a file using lynx from an HTTP server without opening lynx itself. Looked something like this: $ lynx -xyz http://localhost/foo.bar ~/foo.bar I looked into lynx manpages and help but didn't find anything. Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

downloading folders in ftp

can you download folders when in ftp or is the only way to download more then one file by mget?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading

Kindly help us... Is there a way in linux how we'll be able to check which workstation is downloading files from the internet and what file is it? Please put into consideration that our linux has a firewall. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eric_hing
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading whole directory with FTP

Is it possible using FTP to download a whole directory and all subdirectories at once without having to go through every single file? Thanks, Tom (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pokeyzx
4 Replies

5. Linux

Downloading Linux

My class "UNIX using Linux" started today. The software that came with my text book will not download. I am running XP pro .. When I load the "guide to UNIX using Linux" disk the only thing that comes up is E:/ showing some files that are on the disk and then it stops and does nothing. Can anyone... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tammy
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Downloading one day old files from FTP site

HI, I'm downloading one day old files from ftp site. Below is my script ---------------------------- printf "open $HOST \n" > ftp.cmd printf "user $USER $PASSWD\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "bin\n" >> ftp.cmd #printf "cd /Models/\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "prompt\n" >> ftp.cmd printf "for oldfile... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_v4
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script - ftp downloading serveral files without mget

Hello guys, i'm searching for a solution how to download all files from root-directory of an ftp-server through an ftp proxy getting through the ftp proxy and download one file with get ist no problem, but mget * does nothing! ftp -n -i -v <<EOF open proxyHost proxyPort user... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: macProgger23
19 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab Wget, downloading a file to a FTP

Hi there, I've got my own domain, ftp etc.. I'm using cPanel and I want to download a file periodically, every say 24 hours. I've used this command: wget -t inf http : / / www . somesite . com / webcam.jpg ftp : / / i @ MyDomain . net : Password @ ftp . MyDomain . net^no spaces... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: zYx
24 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading with Wget

Hello everyone. I'm new both to the forum and to unix scripting, and this website has been very useful in putting together a script I am working on. However, I have run into a bit of a snag, which is why I have come here seeking help. First I will say what I am trying to do, and then what I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keltonhalbert
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading FTP Files

Hi every one, I have the requirement to download the files from FTP and move those files to unix box. Once after coping the files, i need to remove the files in FTP. I'm a newbie in Unix script. Can you please suggest a script for this.. Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Murali4u
2 Replies
DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)						     Debhelper							DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)

NAME
       dh_auto_install - automatically runs make install or similar

SYNOPSIS
       dh_auto_install [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_auto_install is a debhelper program that tries to automatically install built files. It does so by running the appropriate command for
       the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a install target, then this is done by
       running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If there is a setup.py or Build.PL, it is used. Note that the Ant build system
       does not support installation, so dh_auto_install will not install files built using Ant.

Unless --destdir option is specified, the files are installed into debian/package/ if there is only one binary package. In the multiple
       binary package case, the files are instead installed into debian/tmp/, and should be moved from there to the appropriate package build
       directory using dh_install(1).

DESTDIR is used to tell make where to install the files.  If the Makefile was generated by MakeMaker from a Makefile.PL, it will
       automatically set PREFIX=/usr too, since such Makefiles need that.

This is intended to work for about 90% of packages. If it doesn't work, or tries to use the wrong install target, you're encouraged to skip
       using dh_auto_install at all, and just run make install manually.

OPTIONS
       See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options.

--destdir=directory
	   Install files into the specified directory. If this option is not specified, destination directory is determined automatically as
	   described in the "DESCRIPTION" section.

-- params
	   Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_install usually passes.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10							DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)