Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers removing linux/extra partition?? Post 5873 by 98_1LE on Friday 24th of August 2001 09:53:23 PM
Old 08-24-2001
What do you want to do with the space? You have to be careful if you want to merge it into another partition. Use disk druid or cfdisk to change the low level formatting, but be careful or you could lose data.You can change the /etc/fstab file to change the mount point to something else, just be sure the mount pount directory exists.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing extra files in dos

Hi, I have same file by name i want to keep only access file and want to delete rest. This is specific to DOS only. Any idea of doing this. I tried so many options but none worked for me. Thanks Namish (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Removing extra characters in Filename

Hi, It's my first time here... anyways, I have a simple problem with these filenames. This is probably too easy for you guys: ABC_20101.2A.2010_01 ABD_20103.2E.2010_04 ABE_20107.2R.2010_08 Expected Output: ABC_20101 ABD_20103 ABE_20107 The only pattern available are the ff: 1) All... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joule
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing extra new line characters

Hello, I have a text file that looks like: ABC123|some text|some more text|00001 00002 0003 0004 000019|000003|Item I have searched and found an example to remove the extra new line characters using grep and sed, but it (I think) assumes the lines start with a number and the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: c56444
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing Extra Folders From a TAR

I use an extremely simple TAR function for files at work and I have a question about cleaning them up. My command is TAR -cvf ExampleTarName.tar then the folder I wish to TAR. When my TAR finishes and I double click it to check it unarchived beautifully (I don't do this with every file, duh)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dogtown24
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing extra unwanted spaces

hi, i need to remove the extra spaces in the filed. Sample: abc~bd ~bkd123 .. 1space abc~badf ~bakdsf123 .. 2space abc~bqed ~bakuowe .. 3space output: abc~bd ~bkd123 .. 1space abc~badf~bakdsf123 .. 2space abc~bqed~bakuowe .. 3space i used the following command, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshaa
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing extra unwanted spaces

hi, i need to remove the extra spaces in the 2nd field. Sample: abc|bd |bkd123 .. 1space abc|badf |bakdsf123 .. 2space abc|bqe |bakuowe .. 3space Output: abc|bd|bkd123 abc|badf|bakdsf123 abc|bqe|bakuowe i used the following command, (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshaa
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking subset and removing extra letters

In each line of file, I wish to check if word1 is a non-connected subset of any of the other words in the line. If yes, keep only the words that ward1 is a subset of. Else, remove the whole line. Also, I want to remove the letters that word1 doesn't match with, except for "_+" Example file:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viernes
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Shrink LVM partition & create new Linux Primary partition

Hello All, I have a Red Hat Linux 5.9 Server installed with one hard disk & 2 Partitions created on it as follows, /boot - Linux Partition & another is LVM - One VG & under that 5-6 Logical volumes(var,opt,home etc). Here my requirement is to take out 1GB of space from LVM ( Any logical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing extra lines from file

I have a file where data looks like this: === <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xml xmlns:s='uuid:XYZ' xmlns:dt='uuid:ABC' xmlns:rs='urn:schemas-microsoft-com:rowset' xmlns:z='#RowsetSchema'> <s:Schema id='RowsetSchema'> <s:ElementType name='row'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed removing extra character from end

Hi, Searching through forum I found "sed 's/*$//'" can be used to remove trailing whitespaces and tabs from file. The command works fine but I see minor issue as below. Can you please suggest if I am doing something wrong here. $ cat a.txt upg_prod_test upg_prod_new $ cat a.txt |sed... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupinder08
11 Replies
FINDFS(8)						       System Administration							 FINDFS(8)

NAME
findfs - find a filesystem by label or UUID SYNOPSIS
findfs NAME=value DESCRIPTION
findfs will search the block devices in the system looking for a filesystem or partition with specified tag. The currently supported tags are: LABEL=<label> Specifies filesystem label. UUID=<uuid> Specifies filesystem UUID. PARTUUID=<uuid> Specifies partition UUID. This partition identifier is supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) partition tables. PARTLABEL=<label> Specifies partition label (name). The partition labels are supported for example for GUID Partition Table (GPT) or MAC partition tables. If the filesystem or partition is found, the device name will be printed on stdout. The complete overview about filesystems and partitions you can get for example by lsblk --fs partx --show <disk> blkid EXIT STATUS
0 success 1 label or uuid cannot be found 2 usage error, wrong number of arguments or unknown option AUTHOR
findfs was originally written by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> and re-written for the util-linux package by Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. ENVIRONMENT
LIBBLKID_DEBUG=all enables libblkid debug output. SEE ALSO
blkid(8), lsblk(8), partx(8) AVAILABILITY
The findfs command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux March 2014 FINDFS(8)