Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: printing a line of a file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers printing a line of a file Post 587 by clay on Friday 15th of December 2000 02:54:50 PM
Old 12-15-2000
Network printing a line of a file

Thanks. You are really good.
When the ip detected matches the ip of ipconnect.txt, I like to have the corresponding row of ipconnect.txt
to be printed. I do not know how to do this. How can this be done.
I do not know Perl. Could it be done in KSH?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing an empty line in a file (perl)

I know this must be really easy, but i can't get it to work I've got a perl script, with a file. I want to print an empty line, and the following doesn't seem to work: print nameoffile "\n" thanks for your help!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfad
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing a Line from a file

I have a log file with several lines as follows: Aug 30 06:35:08 trnwvltfit1 /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: Agent snmpd appeared dead but responded to ping I am using the date of the line to determine which lines to print. However, I am only trying to print the parts of the line that are NOT... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nysif Steve
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-write first line of a file before printing

Morning All, Quite a simple one this, I hope. What I want to do is to re-write the first line of a file before it's sent to print. The line will be blank initially, and I want to insert some text. The operation can either be done on the file itself (modifying the file on disk), OR in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexop
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

printing specific line from a file.

The below line gives the perfect output when I mention the record number and file name as hardcoded. awk 'NR==3{print}' samp2.txt But when I pass the record num and file name as variable, it doesn't give any output. row_num=3;file2=samp2.txt;awk 'NR==$row_num {print}' $file2 Can you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

printing each line in a file X times

This is probably simple but I would like to print every line in a file 5 times like this: awk 'NR' mens_csv.tab Dub Tank 53%Hemp/42%Cotton/5%Lycra Jersey Dark Green 0 $22.50 Dub Tank 53%Hemp/42%Cotton/5%Lycra Jersey Indigo Blue 0 $22.50 --------------- Dub... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Autumn Tree
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing a particular line to a file

Hi, I have a file in which the entries are of the following type: 5649 S 1 0412 S 0 0423 S 1 0020 N 0 0020 N 0 1022 S 1 1022 S 1 I need to print the whole line which is having 0 in the third column into a different file Thanks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
6 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Printing a line in a file

Hi I have a file having multiple lines. I want to print a particular line. How can I do this? Thanks in advance Ananth (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthdoss
5 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Lex: analyzing a C file and printing out identifiers and line numbers they're found on

Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL USA, Dr. Whalley, COP4342 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Create a lex specification file that reads a C source program that ignores keywords and collects all identifiers (regular variable names) and also displays the line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: D2K
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Comparing arguments with in line values of file and printing the result

I need to develop a script where I will take two date arguments as parameter date1 and date2 which will in format YYYYMM. Below is the input file say sample.txt. sample.txt will have certain blocks starting with P1. Each block will have a value 118,1:TIMESTAMP. I need to compare the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: garvit184
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing string from last field of the nth line of file to start (or end) of each line (awk I think)

My file (the output of an experiment) starts off looking like this, _____________________________________________________________ Subjects incorporated to date: 001 Data file started on machine PKSHS260-05CP ********************************************************************** Subject 1,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: samonl
9 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)