Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Enable FTP on SCO
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Enable FTP on SCO Post 58587 by bhargav on Wednesday 24th of November 2004 11:56:35 AM
Old 11-24-2004
Questions :

1) Are u trying ftp from unix to PC ?
2) Is it successful for the user other than root ?
3)What are error messages u are getting ?
4) What is the size of the file u are ftping ?
5) Do u have good credentilas ( id and passwd to that PC)
6) Are PC and SCO unix box are accessible to each other
7) Is PATH for ftp is there ? I mean ftp binary is there in yr box ??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

ftp telnet enable

hi , i have jsut installed linux 9.0 , but i can not ftp or telnet to the system . i have installed the ftp and the telnet server during installation . i have also configured the files to enable the ftp and telnet , the ftp and the telnet daemons are running , but when i do ftp : ftp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 8 - FTP server -enable

Hi, I have turn off the FTP service and rebooted the server . (edit /etc/inetd.conf and /etc/inet/services) Now , how can I enable back the FTP without rebooting the server . Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: civic2005
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Enable PWD command on anonymous FTP?

Hello everyone - First post here, I'm trying to connect to an anonymous ftp server and I am told by the server admin that I cannot have access to the "print working directory" command. I need to have access to this command in order for my (and my clients) preferred ftp client to connect. (the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: HiredGun79
9 Replies

4. Red Hat

enable FTP access / check version

how can I check the Linux version? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disable/Enable HP print services SCO OS 5

We're running SCO Open Server 5. On occassion we need to disable/enable HP print services. There's nothing that I have found in the HP printer manager that allows for this. I know we can stop/start print services via SCOADMIN. On occassion one of our HP printers will generate an error, the msg in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sighbrrguy
4 Replies

6. SCO

enable ssh server on SCO 5.0.6

hi How to enable ssh server on SCO unix 5.0.6 and allow remote root login? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Enable FTP for root user in Solaris 10

I am not able to get ftp working for Solaris 10 for root user. I am getting login failed error. 331 Password required for root. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. Tried following things already. 1. SFTP works ok, still would like to know why FTP is not working (curious). 2.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: webkid
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

FTP service Enable/Disable

hi everybody, I can easily enable /disable the FTP service from SAM, how can I do this via command line? using inetd? how? cheers, messi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Enable ftp port

Hi Experts, Need your help in enabling the ftp port in HP-UX box. Is there any command/config file that needs to be changed? Also is it possible to open it only for few selected IPs only? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enable Annonymous FTP login.

Hi, I am transferring my report files to another FTP server which the end users are downloading later. But while accessing the FTP server its asking for username and password which i don't want to share to the end users rather i want to make the login as anonymous so that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
3 Replies
ftpd_selinux(8) 					 ftpd SELinux policy documentation					   ftpd_selinux(8)

NAME
ftpd_selinux - Security-Enhanced Linux policy for ftp daemons. DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux provides security for ftp daemons via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have a file type. File types may be specified with semanage and are restored with restorecon. Policy governs the access that daemons have to files. Allow ftp servers to read the /var/ftp directory by adding the public_content_t file type to the directory and by restoring the file type. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/ftp(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp Allow ftp servers to read and write /var/tmp/incoming by adding the public_content_rw_t type to the directory and by restoring the file type. This also requires the allow_ftpd_anon_write boolean to be set. semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_rw_t "/var/ftp/incoming(/.*)?" restorecon -F -R -v /var/ftp/incoming BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is based on least privilege required and may also be customizable by setting a boolean with setsebool. Allow ftp servers to read and write files with the public_content_rw_t file type. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_anon_write on Allow ftp servers to read or write files in the user home directories. setsebool -P ftp_home_dir on Allow ftp servers to read or write all files on the system. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_full_access on Allow ftp servers to use cifs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_cifs on Allow ftp servers to use nfs for public file transfer services. setsebool -P allow_ftpd_use_nfs on system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), ftpd(8), setsebool(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 ftpd_selinux(8)