Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mouse Problems
Operating Systems Linux Mouse Problems Post 57397 by FordGuy on Tuesday 26th of October 2004 07:56:32 PM
Old 10-26-2004
Mouse Problems

I just got the other computer working again and i put Fedora Core 2 on it but theres a problem. It wont recongnize my mouse at all. Not in installation or in the actual desktop... it doesnt even know its there. It says No - Mouse.... does anyone know how i can fix this?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mouse wheel...

Hello. I've got round to installing RedHat 7.1, and i have this slight problem. I'm not able to use my mouse wheel. Is this just not possible in RedHat or is there a way to configure my mouse so i can use my mouse wheel. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mr-Pixie
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mouse settings

How do I change the mouse pointer speed settings in Unix. I know in Windows there is the option to change the pointer speed. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chyzm
3 Replies

3. BSD

BSD mouse

Hey guys am runing FreeBSD 5.3 on my laptop, i know i have done it before but i cannot for the life of me get my wireless microsoft mouse working in kde. is is connected threw usb. I ran a dmesg and it see the mouse in uhid0. let me know if ya guys could give me a hand in this thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: THCue
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Indigo mouse

A few years ago i found i the Net a "homework" about how to convert ps2 mouse to Indigo mouse. But i do not save it. Anybody helps me? There are about 10 Indigo mice in all of my country. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikidimov
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building a better mouse trap, or How many lines of code does it take to trap a mouse?

Hello all, I'm hoping to get a little insight from some of the wily veterans amongst you. I've written a script to check for new outgoing files to our vendors located on our ssl server. It seems to be working ok, but the final question here, will be one of logic, and/or a better way to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
4 Replies

6. HP-UX

reset mouse

I have a Belkin KVM switcher, but when I switch from Unix to Windows, then back to Unix, the mouse stops working is there any way to reset the mouse without restarting the workstation? thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xRonin
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Keyboard vs mouse

Which Input device do you use the most ? for me... keyboard ofcourse !! (56 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
56 Replies
BTMAGIC(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						BTMAGIC(4)

NAME
btmagic -- Apple Magic Mouse SYNOPSIS
btmagic* at bthub? wsmouse* at btmagic? DESCRIPTION
The btmagic driver provides support for the Bluetooth ``Magic Mouse'' from Apple, Inc. As remote devices cannot be discovered by autoconfig, configuring a mouse is normally carried out with the btdevctl(8) program. The Magic Mouse uses the standard USB Human Interface Device protocol to communicate, but does not provide a proper HID Descriptor, and requires specific initializations to enable the proprietary touch reports. The Magic Mouse provides basic mouse functionality with two buttons, and the btmagic driver additionally interprets the touch reports to emu- late a middle mouse button when more than one firm touch is detected during a click event, plus horizontal and vertical scrolling for touch movements greater than a certain distance. The mouse has a base resolution of 1300dpi, which the driver scales by default to a less sensi- tive 650dpi, but this is adjustable with sysctl(8) along with the pressure needed to discern a firm touch, the minimum distance necessary to trigger scrolling and the additional downscale factor applied to scroll movements. btmagic interfaces to the system as usual through the wsmouse(4) driver, and the following properties are used during autoconfiguration: vendor-id Must be 0x05ac. product-id Must be 0x030d. local-bdaddr Local device address. remote-bdaddr Remote device address. link-mode This optional string represents the link mode of the baseband link, and may be one of 'auth', 'encrypt', or 'secure'. When the btmagic driver has configured, it will attempt to open a connection to the mouse and, if this fails or the connection is lost, will wait for the mouse to initiate connections. The Magic Mouse requires connections to be authenticated, and should accept a PIN of '0000' dur- ing the pairing process. SEE ALSO
bluetooth(4), bthub(4), wsmouse(4), btdevctl(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The btmagic driver was written by Iain Hibbert with reference to the Linux driver written by Michael Poole. BSD
October 11, 2010 BSD