Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: run in debug mode
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting run in debug mode Post 57273 by whatisthis on Thursday 21st of October 2004 06:05:08 PM
Old 10-21-2004
Question run in debug mode

Hi,
I have a question on my korn shell script.
When I run without debugging turned on, I can't get the correct result. If I turn on the debug mode, like sh -x myprogram, it will give me the correct result.

Can someone tell me what is going on here?

Thanks,
Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

“Ostream” object is not printing message on HP-UNIX for debug mode

The following C++ code segment is not working in debug mode build on HP-UNIX machine. It is not printing "Hello World" message on the screen. While it is working fine in release mode build. ============================================== class KLogStreamBuf : public streambuf { public:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: heena
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Debug mode

When I run a lengthy script in debug mode i need to capture all the steps which are executed. e.g ksh -x script.ksh + test -f /proc/mounts + /bin/ls -l /proc/21326/exe + is=ksh + test ksh = ksh + test -s /etc/ksh.kshrc + . /etc/ksh.kshrc + trap 1 2 3 + who am i + awk {print $1} +... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
2 Replies

3. AIX

Running Installp in debug mode

Is there a way I can execute an installp command in debug mode, so that I can see whats happening when a fileset is being installed or updated? (What files are being replace etc etc). I have an installp command failing for unknown reason. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
7 Replies

4. Red Hat

ehternet in debug mode

I have a little dell running redhat server. it's getting ethernet traffic to console and /var/log/messages (up 60Mb) i can't seem to find where to turn it off! any help would be greatly appreciated. here's syslog: here's a snip from the log: Sep 28 21:34:08 zgarch_serv kernel: IN=eth0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: toferloafer
2 Replies

5. Programming

Compile a proc/c++ file in debug mode.

Hi, I'm using the following commands to execute a proc file, but I'm unable to debug the program. What modifications do I need to make in the command options to debug the program created. I have a proc1.pc file, using the following three steps to generate the proc1 exe. After the proc1 exe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ehari
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: a way to see a sub code in debug mode: perl -de 0 ?

Is there a way to see or print a sub code? Sometime a sub could be already defined, but in the debug mode (so, interactively) it could be already out of screen. So, I would think about a way to check if the sub is defined (just 'defined' is not a problem) and how it is defined. Also, if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
4 Replies

7. Programming

Is there any possibility of running the PHP script in a debug mode ?

Is there any possibility of running the PHP script in a debug mode ? If so, do i have to download any package? Any free downloads available? Can anyone please guide me through? Am a newbie in PHP scripting. Thanks in Advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging perl and shell debug mode.

I have a shell program which calls a perl program. I am running the shell program with command; $ ksh -x <prog_name> Inside the shell program, I am calling perl with warnings. I want to capture the entire output as it comes on screen. The command I tried is: $ ksh -x... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)				      systemd-debug-generator					SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)

NAME
systemd-debug-generator - Generator for enabling a runtime debug shell and masking specific units at boot SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/system-generators/systemd-debug-generator DESCRIPTION
systemd-debug-generator is a generator that reads the kernel command line and understands three options: If the systemd.mask= option is specified and followed by a unit name, this unit is masked for the runtime, similar to the effect of systemctl(1)'s mask command. This is useful to boot with certain units removed from the initial boot transaction for debugging system startup. May be specified more than once. If the systemd.wants= option is specified and followed by a unit name, a start job for this unit is added to the initial transaction. This is useful to start one or more additional units at boot. May be specified more than once. If the systemd.debug_shell option is specified, the debug shell service "debug-shell.service" is pulled into the boot transaction. It will spawn a debug shell on tty9 during early system startup. Note that the shell may also be turned on persistently by enabling it with systemctl(1)'s enable command. systemd-debug-generator implements systemd.generator(7). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), kernel-command-line(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-DEBUG-GENERATOR(8)