Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Resolving port 8080 in DNS
Special Forums IP Networking Resolving port 8080 in DNS Post 57113 by korfnz on Monday 18th of October 2004 05:40:17 PM
Old 10-18-2004
Resolving port 8080 in DNS

Hi

I have my DNS servers (BIND 8) running on two Solaris 8 boxes. I need to be able to resolve an address blah.xxx.net to an IP address followed by :8080 - (for Tomcat). I tried doing this in my zone file but it failed. Can someone give me a pointer on where this configuration should be done?

Cheers
K

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

enabling port 8080

hey everyone, i have just finished configuring apache 2.0 with the php and pgsql modules installed on it.. httpd.conf is configured and everything is running right after a lengthy bit of reading and struggling with the system.. the only problem left is how do i enable the port that i would access... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS not resolving

I have configured my solaris 9 box to obtain a IP from the DHCP server which is on windows, I have also set up the DNS with domain name and name servers under /etc/resolv.conf I can ping a ip address I just cant seem to ping hostnames, theres probaly something im not doing. I have looked through... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr Pink
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

running localhost:8080 on firefox gives error .

I have copied a simple.xml file into the folder /var/www/html and trying to access it on the brower by giving the command "http://localhost:8080/simple.xml" but it gives "Connection Failed " Error . While if i type "http://localhost/" It dispays the contents of the index.html file in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhumathikv
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Resolving port number to program name

I was just checking to see if anyone had a script that would allow me to go from port number to program name. I tried to create my own script but it looks like it only works for IPv4 sockets and it looks like daemons such as sshd return as AF_INET6 (in pfiles) for some reason. I can fix my script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

iptables & port 53 (DNS)

Hi, I have a newly built RHEL5 OS that is unable to talk to the DNS server. I am unable to telnet resolv.conf entry over port 53 but apparently this port has been opened. # telnet 209.212.96.1 53 and..... # dig www.google.com ; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.2 <<>>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to Open port 8080

Hi Experts, I am receiving below error while trying to connect port 8080. Could not open connection to the host, on port 8080 : connection refused. iptables configuration /etc/sysconfig/iptables # Firewall configuration written by system-config-firewall # Manual customization of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Newbie BIND DNS question: resolving upstream hosts?

Old skool UNIX and Linux geek here, but newbie to the world of DNS and bind. I've recently been tasked with replacing our DNS infrastructure, currently on Windows, with a RHEL based solution. And I assume that means using bind, which I've not used before. Here's my question: Suppose our company... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
3 Replies

8. AIX

Use of /etc/hosts files in resolving the dns name

Hello, For what purpose /etc/hosts file is used.I mean how any request coming to a DNS server or a switch would know that which name and ip are configured in /etc/hosts files of a server? Best regards, Vishal (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
3 Replies

9. AIX

Telnet is not happening on port number 8080

Dear Experts, I am trying to open 8080 port on my Aix 7.1 server. I made an entry in /etc/services for the port. and refreshed the inetd service. But when I try to telnet localhost 8080, telnet is not happening. connection refused error is coming. I can able to telnet localhost 23 its working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix.rockie
9 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
avahi-resolve(1)					      General Commands Manual						  avahi-resolve(1)

NAME
avahi-resolve - Resolve one or more mDNS/DNS host name(s) to IP address(es) (and vice versa) using the Avahi daemon SYNOPSIS
avahi-resolve --name host-name ... avahi-resolve-host-name host-name ... avahi-resolve --address address ... avahi-resolve-address address ... DESCRIPTION
Resolve one or more mDNS/DNS host name(s) to IP address(es) (and vice versa) using the Avahi daemon. OPTIONS
When passing -n, specify one or more fully qualified mDNS/DNS host name(s) (e.g. "foo.local") to resolve into IP addresses on the command line. When passing -a, specify one or more IP address to resolve into host names. avahi-resolve-host-name is equivalent to avahi-resolve --name. avahi-resolve-address is equivalent to avahi-resolve --address. -n | --name Translate one or more fully qualified host names into addresses. -a | --address Translate one or more addresses into fully qualified host names. -v | --verbose Enable verbose mode. -6 When resolving a host name, look for IPv6 addresses exclusively. -4 When resolving a host name, look for IPv4 addresses exclusively. -h | --help Show help. -V | --version Show version information. AUTHORS
The Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/ SEE ALSO
avahi-publish-address(1), avahi-daemon(8) COMMENTS
This man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth. Manuals User avahi-resolve(1)