Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Here Doc (I think!)
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Here Doc (I think!) Post 5677 by kapilv on Monday 20th of August 2001 02:37:25 PM
Old 08-20-2001
Quote:
Originally posted by PxT
Code:
ftp << EOF
open ftp.yoursite.com
bin
get /pub/file
quit
EOF

Use in conjunction with a .netrc file to completely automate the session.
The 2 less than (<<) signs indicate that to the shell that a here document follows . The starting EOF indicates the opening delimiters and the ending EOF indicates the ending delimiters. The delimiters used here are not fixed, you can use a plus sign(+), an exclamation mark (!), EOF as used above etc etc...
Everything between these 2 delimiters is send as input to the process (Here it's ftp).

Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

seeking a doc on lvm etc...

Hi. I wanted to increase my knowledge base with unix. can you help me find a like that talks about luns, physical volumes, volume groups, logical volumes then mountpoints? i would appreciate it thanks Jigar (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
1 Replies

2. AIX

Domino.doc in aix 4.3

Hi, I having trouble while installing domino.doc 3.5 on aix 4.3. The error details are as follows. Pls let me where i am doing wrong. Domino server6.0.2 is already installed. # cd /ddoc/dd31aix/install # ./install Can't load '/usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.00503/aix/DDInst.so' for module DDInst:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod2all
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleteing .doc file

hi i ama dunmmies in Unix. I created a .doc file and copied it to unix via FTP as a ,doc file itself i want to delete that file , i tried with rm command it does not work file name is DDL's.doc plz help :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwalniru
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing MSWORD Doc

Hello, I need to know how to edit or set different fields in a MS-Word doc using perl. or altleast generate one. Thanks,:b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rimser9
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

If doc file exist remove

I need help running a script. I have the script looking into a folder and converting .doc files to .odt. The script works fine except that I want it to only run when .doc files are present. If I can do this then I can put .xls files and .ppt files in the folder and convert them when they are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handband2
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crawling a MS-Doc using scripting

Hi Everyone How you doing all.Im planning to write a script that will crawl a MS-Document and should take the values from it.Is it possible at all.Im not a scripting guru just want to know your thoughts.. Im planning to do some thing like this: Microsoft Document has: Servername:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolkid
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making backup to .doc file .... sh

im tring to make backup to the files end with "doc" extension but the code give me error ... what is the problem!!!! #! /bin/sh if then for name in `ls *.DOC` do kk= $(printf "%s_temp" $name) cp $name $kk done else echo "error" (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: maga6610
9 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Word doc to pdf conversion?

I am trying to find a way to convert a Word doc saved in the XML format to a PDF file (that looks like the original Word doc). Yes, there are all kinds of ways to do this interactively. What I need is something that can be run as a background process so that when XML files are placed in a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garzon
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Here doc question

This is a very simple question. So I have: # cat << 'EOF' > /usr/share/servers/test man EOF From the command line I want to put "man" into a /usr/share/servers/test. I have file "test" in directory /usr/share/servers/. However when I run that it come back with # cat << 'EOF' >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
2 Replies
Pod::WSDL::Doc(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Pod::WSDL::Doc(3pm)

NAME
Pod::WSDL::Doc - Represents the WSDL pod for the documentation of methods (internal use only) SYNOPSIS
use Pod::WSDL::Doc; my $doc = new Pod::WSDL::Doc('_DOC This method is for blah ...'); DESCRIPTION
This module is used internally by Pod::WSDL. It is unlikely that you have to interact directly with it. If that is the case, take a look at the code, it is rather simple. METHODS
new Instantiates a new Pod::WSDL::Attr. The method needs one parameter, the documentation string from the pod. Please see SYNOPSIS or the section "Pod Syntax" in the description of Pod::WSDL. EXTERNAL DEPENDENCIES
[none] EXAMPLES
see Pod::WSDL BUGS
see Pod::WSDL TODO
see Pod::WSDL SEE ALSO
Pod::WSDL :-) AUTHOR
Tarek Ahmed, <bloerch -the character every email address contains- oelbsk.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006 by Tarek Ahmed This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.10.1 2010-12-18 Pod::WSDL::Doc(3pm)