Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix/linux books
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix/linux books Post 56749 by hexadecimal0011 on Sunday 10th of October 2004 08:55:12 PM
Old 10-10-2004
hey

running linux by o'riely
and a very good forum i would recommend would be

www.antionline.com

another site would be Simply Linux
not sure on the url but if you type simply linux in to google and hit im feeling lucky it will bring you right to it

good luck man

behold the power of the penguin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. New to Unix. Which books should I read?

Unix Books

I'm just looking for really good unix book on programming in all shells, and system adminstrator books, and well as just all around really good books on unix. I know the "Unix Shell Programming" book that Neo recommends I recently purchased that it is very good. But when I heard that Neo has... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astudent
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Books

I'm just looking for really good unix book on programming in all shells, and system adminstrator books, and well as just all around really good books on unix. I know the "Unix Shell Programming" book that Neo recommends I recently purchased that it is very good. But when I heard that Neo has... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astudent
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Books on Unix

Hai All Iam looking for books in unix on shell scripting which has more stuff on how to run Oracle procedures or functions and the best methods to follow passing unix variables as parameters to Oracle. Thanks in advance Krishna (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnasai
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

im very new to unix/linux can someone tell me the best books to read...

im very new to unix/linux operating system and having a hard time understanding the command ( grep, ls, echo and variables) is there any book that is simple to understand... after taking this unix/linux operating system i need to take unix operating system..can someone help me please!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2071fox
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books on Linux Prog..

Hi everybody, Can anyone suggest me some good books on Linux Prog.. I know richard stevens is always there.. But any specific books on Linux Porgramming and Networking in Linux.. Wud be of great help if anybody replies.. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikumar_cs
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Books

Am new to this unix concept..i want to learn unix ..could anyone give link or free e-book to study and understand Unix fundamentals.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vyra
6 Replies

7. Fedora

Books on Linux

Not totally new to Linux. Have done distro installs before. At this point, I'm looking for a way out of the MS lock down I've been in. Looking for a good beginner/intermediate book. One that will cover things such as server installs as well as things like X-Windows/SAMBA installs from CLI. What I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcayo11
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Recommended Linux books

Hi All, What books do you recomend to have for quick reference in regarding to Linux administration and performance monitoring? Thanks for your insight. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beginer0705
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Books for person who want to be Linux/Unix administrator

Hi, I would like to become Linux/Unix administrator. Of course I am aware that it is practically impossible to get that job immediately and in the beginning it will be Junior position or 2nd level of technical support. But I would like to ask: how in-depth knowledge about daemons such like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidMax
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Suggest books for understanding Ubuntu Linux

recommend books to understand ubuntu ...... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyom
14 Replies
UUID_COMPARE(3) 						    Libuuid API 						   UUID_COMPARE(3)

NAME
uuid_compare - compare whether two UUIDs are the same SYNOPSIS
#include <uuid/uuid.h> int uuid_compare(uuid_t uu1, uuid_t uu2) DESCRIPTION
The uuid_compare function compares the two supplied uuid variables uu1 and uu2 to each other. RETURN VALUE
Returns an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if uu1 is found, respectively, to be lexigraphically less than, equal, or greater than uu2. AUTHOR
Theodore Y. Ts'o AVAILABILITY
libuuid is part of the util-linux package since version 2.15.1 and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. SEE ALSO
uuid(3), uuid_clear(3), uuid_copy(3), uuid_generate(3), uuid_is_null(3), uuid_parse(3), uuid_unparse(3) util-linux May 2009 UUID_COMPARE(3)