Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 - Web link - Course Catalog Post 56542 by frustrated1 on Tuesday 5th of October 2004 11:07:43 AM
Old 10-05-2004
Solaris 10 - Web link - Course Catalog

For anyone thats interested - Please see link below for Solaris 10 info describing new features/enhancements, changes to commands and also removal of some features. Admintool etc...

http://training.sun.com/US/catalog/c...00-S10-90.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

[help] about symbolic link solaris 8

hi experts, i had create wrong symbolic link on my server use this ln -s /opt/EBS /export/home/EBS, cause i had create an EBS directory on /export/home/EBS/ so the command ln create EBS directory on /export/home/EBS/EBS/.... how to remove the EBS that had created by ln command ? thank you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bucci
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Link for solaris on x86

Hi All, Can any body guide me towards the x86 link? I need to understand the disk slice and booting sequences in x86 as I have to give my SA1. Please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

open a web link from

Hello, I am looking a way on how to add in my sh script a line that once run would visit a web link www.domain.com/something.php?smt=SOMEDATA and close. Thank you, C (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Change permissions for link in solaris

Hi I am an application admin. My users have all d code at one place. I am planning to create a link on every ones home directory. But i want to know change the permissions of the link so that users will delete it accidentally. Could you please tell me how to change the permissions on the link... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
4 Replies

5. IP Networking

E1 Link Terminating on Solaris Box

Hi, I have multiple boxes connected using some RAD Routers and these RAD routers are not working as per our expectations. The Data transfer is negligible and speed of connectivity. I need to check if I can directly terminate an E1 cable connection to my Solaris Box excluding a Router... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busyboy
1 Replies

6. Solaris

conditional symbolic link in Solaris 10

Hello World :) I want to create a conditional symbolic link in Solaris 10 so that if one destination becomes unavailable it should automatically point to another destination. e.g. /dump/abc is destination. /export/home/abc contains a copy of it symbolic link should be /abc -->... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif_islam
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Not able to create a link in /etc/rc3.d in Solaris 10

HI I am using solaris 10.We are doing some failover testing and checking whether services are starting up when we reboot the server. As part of process i have moved scripts to /etc/init.d directory and trying to create a link /etc/rc3.d like this. But strangely it is giving an error... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Link aggregation issues Solaris 10

I have setup link aggregation with 3 interfaces on my solaris 10 system. All looks good but my problem is that the traffic is only going out bge0 and not the other 2 links. bash-4.3# dladm show-aggr -s key:33 ipackets rbytes opackets obytes %ipkts %opkts ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: primeaup
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11.4.2.3.0 - dladm link names mapping

Hi all, I have never wondered where is the mapping of the link names to physical device path display under dladm show-phys until today. fmadm list reported nic port failure and i am trying to mapped it to the correct linkname in dladm show-link / dladm show-phys to see if the link is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javanoob
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)