Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remote printer with ip.
Special Forums IP Networking remote printer with ip. Post 5628 by Neo on Saturday 18th of August 2001 10:18:20 PM
Old 08-18-2001
Take a look at the structure of your working /usr/spool/lpd subdirectories. There is a lot more to this than creating the lpd directory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Banner on remote printer

Hi all, i have a Sun Solaris server ( Sun OS 5.5.1 ) , and few windows machines accessing it using exceed humming bird software ( 6.1 ). I have a EPSON printer connected to one of the PCs, and I am using Exceed LPD daemon for printing. Whenever I trigger a print command from Sun server,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shibz
2 Replies

2. AIX

remote printer

please, i would like to know ,how can i use a remote printer shared by a jet direct or which strg may use to connect with a remote printer using ip and windows network (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erwinpina
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to disable remote printer

Hi all, On Solaris 8.2 I have several printers controled via LPD so they are defined with systemnames. The problem is I can't disable them as I could in Unix V with the disable command. Is there a way to do this however? Thank in advance! :) Peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
2 Replies

4. AIX

how to setup a remote printer in aix 5.2

how to setup a remote printer in aix 5.2 i have an aix 5.2 os and need to setup a remote printer off of it need help on how it is done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itivanh
2 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to set remote printer in AIX

Hi all, I am a beginner in AIX. I am facing a problem with remote printing in AIX. HP laser jet 1320 printer is connected to a printer server (PCI Mini - 100U3), which is configured as remote printer from AIX server. But I am not able to print from the AIX server by using "lp -d... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rainy
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 setup remote printer queue help

I am trying to setup a remote printer (home users printer) through Solaris 8. The IP address is 172.16.17.10 and I can ping the printer, a local windows printer queue has been setup and works but now I am trying to setup a remote Unix printer queue. With this being a remote printer, do I need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miredale
2 Replies

7. AIX

Error - Creation remote printer

Guy's I'm trying to configure new remote printer by smitty in AIX 6.1 but I'm facing below message ! and creating did not completed ... can you please help in this ! Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. digest:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote printer service

The IT auditors have pointed some of my boxes (SUSE, Solaris 10 and AIX) have remote printer service running and that is a potent security violation. I am confused what is remote printer service and how do I disable the same. I need the help. A prompt response is appreciable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranasarkar
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Remote printer setup on solaris 10 host

Hi All, I am trying setup a remote printer on a solaris 10 server. The printer is online and working fine is solaris 8. I have added the pritner to /etc/hosts file and /etc/printers.conf ... I need to know followings: 1. How do I find the default pritner port on the old solaris machine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohullah
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

To change of remote printer font style

How can I change the remote printer font style as its been printing in a non readable format. Is it possible to change it from the server console. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
0 Replies
PAP(1)							      General Commands Manual							    PAP(1)

NAME
pap, papstatus - client interface to remote printers using Printer Access Protocol SYNOPSIS
pap [ -c ] [ -e ] [ -p nbpname ] [ -s statusfile ] [ files ] papstatus [ -p nbpname ] DESCRIPTION
pap is used to connect and send files to an AppleTalk connected printer using the Apple Printer Access Protocol (PAP). When pap starts execution, it tries to open a session with the printer using PAP, and then downloads the files to the printer. If no files are given on the command line, pap begins reading from standard input. If no printer is specified on the command line, pap looks for a file called .paprc in the current working directory and reads it to obtain the nbpname of a printer. Blank lines and lines that begin with a `#' are ignored. type and zone default to LaserWriter and the zone of the local host, respectively. Note that pap is designed to be useful as a communication filter for sending lpd(8) spooled print jobs to AppleTalk connected printers. See psf(8) for hints on how to use it this way. OPTIONS
-c Take cuts. Normally pap tells the printer how long it has been waiting. When -c is specified, pap claims to have been waiting for- ever. -e Send any message from the printer to stderr instead of stdout. psf(8) invokes pap with this option. -p nbpname Connect to the printer named nbpname and do not consult the .paprc file to find a printer name. See nbp_name(3) for the syntax of nbpname. -s statusfile Update the file called statusfile to contain the most recent status message from the printer. pap gets the status from the printer when it is waiting for the printer to process input. The statusfile will contain a single line terminated with a newline. This is useful when pap is invoked by psf(8) within lpd's spool directory. FILES
.paprc file that contains printer name SEE ALSO
nbp_name(3), lpd(8), psf(8). netatalk 1.3 3 Jun 1994 PAP(1)