Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Signals In HP-UX
Top Forums Programming Signals In HP-UX Post 5627 by Neo on Saturday 18th of August 2001 09:58:46 PM
Old 08-18-2001
Signals are often platform dependent. I would guess they are different if you are using the native compilers and not a cross-platform compiler, such as GCC.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Signals...

(posted this in the scripting forum as well, but figured it should go here) So, what's going on is this: For our program, we had to create our own shell, and if the user pressed ctrl-c just at the cmdline, then this signal would be ignored, but if there is a foreground process running, let's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blind melon
0 Replies

2. Programming

Using Signals

How can use signals in a C program If i want a child program to signal it's parent program that it(child) program has completed the task that it was assigned.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilv
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

threads and signals

can any one give me an example of a concurrency program in threads and signals, i.e how to deliver messages between threads using signals. thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe_7
0 Replies

4. Programming

threads and signals

can any one give me an example of a concurrency program in threads and signals, i.e how to deliver messages between threads using signals. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe_7
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

How to debug signals

Hi, In our program, we are using SIGTERM and i tired to put break point in this function. But my debuger is unable to brake at that point. I am working on Mac X and using XCode. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
0 Replies

6. Programming

Can we debug Signals

Hi, In our program, we are using SIGTERM and i tired to put break point in this function. But my debuger is unable to brake at that point. I am working on Mac X and using XCode. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Saurabh78
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help understanding signals

I am having trouble with folowing sigset_t s; // now s represents set of signals sigemptyset(&s) ; // initialize this set and exclude all the signals from it.is it empty? sigaddset(&s,SIGILL);//this set containts only SIGILL signal sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK,&s,NULL);//lost on this one Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perror with signals

I have following problem with this code.. First time trough the main loop..... perror gives ....blocked signal:success(all other times gives illlegal seek) Should every time trought the main loop be success?? And the perror otside of main loop...didn't change mask:success That line of code... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocking signals

I know how to add signal to a set. But what if I want to add 2 or 3 signals to the set. I know I can use sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS)....but what if I want to add SIGBUS and SIGALRM at once. Do i have to do it like this.. sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS); sigaddset (&set,SIGALRM); Is there another way to... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Signals

Hi All, The problem statement is as below: Problem: A process (exe) is getting executed in background. The output of this process is getting logged in a file. After successfully running for some time the process gets terminated. In the log file following is present: ^M[7m Interrupt ^M[27m... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praty.27
8 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)