Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Password Generator
Special Forums Cybersecurity Password Generator Post 56241 by Perderabo on Wednesday 29th of September 2004 10:57:45 AM
Old 09-29-2004
Quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Impressive.

Makes we want to generate a file of plain gibberish and give Perderabo the task to extract some useful information. (just kidding ...)

"The Perderabo Challenge" LOL Smilie

Neo
You laugh, but I've actually spent the better part of the past few weeks attempting to generate a file from which no information can be extracted!

I'm working on a random number generator for use with a password generator. So far it passes every test I can find except for test number 10 of the Diehard test suite. Diehard has a well deserved reputation as the toughest suite of tests for random number generators.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Range generator

Dear All, I have a sorted file like 1 2 3 8 9 10 45 46 47 78 The output will be range like 1 3 8 10 45 47 78 78 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saifurshaon
9 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Barcode Generator

QR Code Generator (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

time generator

Hi experts, I'd like to generate the table/file containing: number of milliseconds elapsed since midnight till midnight. It should contain 5 columns (hours minutes seconds milliseconds): Table will have theoretically 86 400 000 rows. My question is , is there somewhere the file or source... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
7 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

swordfish --- a password generator

Here is my new password generation script. The attachment, swordfish.txt, is in dos format. Remember that you need to use dos2unix or flip or something to get it into unix format. The script is self documenting. It has an extensive help system built-in. And you can run: swordfish "set... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequence generator

Thanks Guys This really helped (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robert89
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Password generator with user inputs

Hi, I am new to bash scripting and i wanted to make a bash script that will generate a password for a user. The user must enter his/her name and the url of the site the password is used for. And the script will generate a password with those two elements in the password. So if the url is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kvr123
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random Password generator with 2 digits and 6 characters

I am using the below to random generate a password but I need to have 2 numeric characters and 6 alphabetic chars head /dev/urandom | tr -dc A-Za-z0-9 | head -c 8 ; echo '' 6USUvqRB ------ Post updated at 04:43 PM ------ Any Help folks - Can the output be passed onto a sed command to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: infernalhell
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hostsfile generator

Hello I use a bash script to creating the hosts file /etc/hosts But there is a bug inside my output and I want to fix this. My Array looks like this: 205,IP 111.122.133.20 205,HOST2 unas 205,HOST1 unas15533 205,COMMENT # UNAS 775,IP ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marti95
9 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
ISCSI.CONF(5)							File Formats Manual						     ISCSI.CONF(5)

NAME
iscsi.conf - iSCSI Target and LUN configuration SYNOPSIS
/etc/iscsi.conf DESCRIPTION
This manual page describes the format of the /etc/iscsi.conf file. This file is a simple text file that iscsid(8) uses to locate iSCSI tar- get devices and LUNs. Comments are marked by lines beginning with '#'. Available entries include: DiscoveryAddress=<address> IP address or hostname to use for target discovery. A TCP port number may be specified by appending a colon followed by the port number. This entry must start in the first column, and must not contain any whitespace. TargetIpAddr=<address> A synonym for DiscoveryAddress. Username=<user> Specify the authentication user. If this entry precedes all DiscoveryAddress entries, it serves as the default. If this entry is indented under a DiscoveryAddress entry, it specifies the user for all targets discovered at that IP address. Password=<pass> Specify the authentication password for the previously listed iSCSI If this entry precedes all DiscoveryAddress entries, it serves as the default. If this entry is indented under a DiscoveryAddress entry, it specifies the user for all targets discovered at that IP address. EXAMPLE
# set the default user and password Username=alice Password=nty57nbe # targets at this address will use the default Username and Password DiscoveryAddress=192.168.10.94 # targets at this address will use the Username and Password below DiscoveryAddress=192.168.10.95 Username=beatrice Password=93fdgc20 NOTES
The iSCSI initiator drivers, README files, and example configuration files are available on the Linux-iSCSI homepage at: http://linux-iscsi.sourceforge.com <http://linux-iscsi.sourceforge.com> FILES
/etc/iscsi.conf iSCSI Target and LUN configuration SEE ALSO
iscsid(8) $Revision: 1.9 $ $Date: 2002/09/19 20:00:32 $ ISCSI.CONF(5)