Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Burning ISO of Solaris 9
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Burning ISO of Solaris 9 Post 56234 by dkaplowitz on Wednesday 29th of September 2004 10:38:00 AM
Old 09-29-2004
In Nero you're going to want to select the "Burn CD Image" option (or words to that effect). Then you will get a dialog box asking you where the image is. I think you have to pull down the "filetype" menu and choose *.iso. Once you do that, it should burn. You can test the success of your burn by trying it in any system that can boot a CD.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

burning Solaris 8 images

this is probably going to sound really stupid...but how do i burn the Solaris 8 images i got off of Sun's servers? i know youre supposed to burn them in Nero/EasyCD/whatever, but Nero gives me some bullshit about it being an "unrecognized format" and EasyCD wants to burn it as an audio file. do i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuji250
4 Replies

2. Tips and Tutorials

Create a Solaris Jumpstart from iso

The Solaris 9 and later CD ISO images are laid out differently than previous versions of the ISO images for Solaris. If you just want to build a jumpstart and can afford the bandwidth to do so, download the Solaris DVD and use that instead. You don't need to do any of this with the DVD iso. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reborg
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 ISO

I'm download Sun Solaris 10 8/07 SPARC in 2 DVD ISO. (From sun.com) First ISO burn OK, but Second ISO my k3b does not distinguish as ISO a format, though all md5 sum OK! Please help! ( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
2 Replies

4. Solaris

solaris 8 and 9 iso

hi i downloaded solaris 8 and 9 iso from sun.com. i can mount it with winmount and i can see files. but when running it from vmware it won't boot. i even do it on physical server, it won't boot as well. what should i do to make this installation boot? thanks itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Burning Solaris 9 Installation ISOs to bootable CDs

Hi everyone, Im new to Solaris and am just about to install Solaris 9 on an old Sparc based machine with Solaris 8. My friend gave me the ISOs for V9, and now, i have them sitting on my Vista, and i have to start writing bootable CDs of the same. But Im not quite sure how to go about doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agummad
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris ISO image

Hi All, Can anyone give me the lnik to download the iso image file Solaris 10 . I need to install it on my local machine . Pls help me out. VINU (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinuvinod
5 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 8 .iso download

Does anyone know where we can find Solaris 8 for SPARC? I managed only to find Solaris 10 on sun/oracle site :( (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
8 Replies

8. Solaris

solaris 10 update 10 8/11 dvd iso

Hi, I can not download iso file as it failed after downloading 1.1 or 1.2 gigs. I tried several times but each time it failed and the error messages like "File not found" or "Read error". My connection is stable (shown 32kbps and 18 hrs completion time) and I used jdownloader and flashgot... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 iso CD available?

I'm starting a project to replace the boot drive on my Sparc 10 Ultra running Solaris 10. Apparently, to do this I will need to boot from cdrom after installing the new drive. I went to the Orcale download site but they only have a DVD ISO for Solaris 10. Unfortunately, my machine only has a CD... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
12 Replies
mkcd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  mkcd(1M)

NAME
mkcd - create bootable Solaris ISO image SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mkcd -v [-l label] media-root iso DESCRIPTION
The mkcd utility takes media-root (the root of an on-disk Solaris install media) as input and creates a bootable Solaris ISO image in the file iso, using mkisofs(8). The file can then be burned onto a CD/DVD with utilities such as cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1). (Neither mkisofs(8) nor cdrecord(1) are SunOS man pages.) Caution - The directory tree media-root must contain the file boot/grub/stage2_eltorito, which will be written to the media boot sectors. This file will be modified with some boot information, thus it must be writable. If necessary, first save a copy prior to running this utility. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l label Sets label as the label/volume name of the ISO image. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: media-root Top-level directory of an on-disk Solaris install media. iso Name of the output file which will contain the resulting ISO image. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Creating an ISO Image and Burning a CD/DVD The following commands create an ISO image from the content of s10u1 and burn the image to a CD/DVD. # /usr/bin/mkcd s10u1 s10u1.iso # /usr/bin/cdrw -i s10u1.iso ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 25 Jul 2008 mkcd(1M)