Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Modem Problems
Special Forums IP Networking Modem Problems Post 5617 by cHiCkEn on Saturday 18th of August 2001 04:18:43 PM
Old 08-18-2001
Question okay..

Okay,
Well, I have been e-mailing a friend of mine that deals in computer parts.. and he was saying that he can get me a Zoom(tm) modem for me that (he says) will work with Linux.. you guys know anything about Zoom's compatability.. (I'm not sure if it's internal or external).

(btw, thnx for your help)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem on HP-UX 10.20

Hi everyone I am having some real difficulties getting a dial in modem to work on one of my HP boxes. It's a mux modem on port 7 which I have set up at 9600 baud. I can dial in, the handshakes are completed, but then it returns incoherent characters on the emulation screen. I think my dial in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Modem

I've spent enough time trying to put on work Lucent Winmodem in my armada M300 (compaq laptop) I use Mandrake 8.0 but as soon as i get connected and prompmts appears modem shutsdown. Does any one had a similar situation, solved it? cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex blanco
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem problem: "Sorry, modem is busy"

Hi! I have a little prob with dialing up to the internet... When I try connect, it says "Sorry, modem is busy"... Specs: Laptop 56K modem Slackware 8.0 Kernel 2.4.5 Cheers;) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satan404
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem

Pleaseee... Helpppp.... !!! I am using SCO Open Server 5.05. Recently, i have upgraded the system which means transfer all apps and data to the new system. Everything work well except one thing. On my old system i have an external modem which to dial out. Now that i use the same modem on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackpotp
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem problems on SCO Xenix

Randomly receive the following message: "Can not open line tty1a device busy error 16" and "/etc/getty/t60 tty1a" What is causing this error message ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jbartok
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

modem

I have got Suse 8.0 by using a modem (US Robotics 56K Faxmodem Ext). During connection i got the error 16. I tried it under RedHat and Mandrake too.....same problem. What can i do ? Thanx...a lot... Logfile: SuSE Meta pppd (smpppd), Version 0.73 on zuhause. wwwoffle not is running ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pennywize
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem - Test /dev/modem

Ok. I tried following the directions from some of the other threads, but I've hit a road block. I have red hat 7.3 and I installed the hcf package: hcfpcimodem-0.99lnxtbeta03042700k2.4.18_3-1rh.i386.rpm It installed ok, no errors, but I still can't get linux to find my modem. I've tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
2 Replies

8. Linux

Problems with the Internal modem

Hi I have a hsf Conexant modem & I have a driver for it but it works only on 2.4.* kernels . I know that there is a site called Linuxant.com which offers kernels for download ,but it gives a speed near 14 kb/s and the full feature driver offered for money and I can't buy it. My questions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: engshaheen
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Is the cable you are using a null modem cable or a modem cable

Hi all, Is there any difference between a null modem cable or a modem cable ? i assume that a null modem cable is a normal cable that i used from cpu serial ports to a modem for dialup. please correct if i am wrong, thks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterbear
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Modem

hi folks, i am looking for a analog modem to use it with a solaris9 sparc mashine. as far as i know, solaris communicates with the modem using AT-commands. so do i need a special modem for solaris or just a modem? i am open for everything. PCI-modem, seriell modem, usb modem. what are you using? i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pressy
1 Replies
EPPFPGA(8)						   Linux AX.25 Utilities Manual 						EPPFPGA(8)

NAME
eppfpga - Baycom EPP modem with FPGA configuration/diagnostics tool SYNOPSIS
eppfpga [ -vh ] [-p portaddr] [-m modestr] [-t test] DESCRIPTION
eppfpga is the configuration and diagnostics utility for the Baycom EPP modem. It can be used to download the FPGA ``firmware'' or to exe- cute various tests. This utility is also needed during ifconfig bcex up and therefore should reside in /sbin. OPTIONS
eppfpga accepts the following options: -h Display an overview of the available command line parameters and exit. -v Increases the verbosity of the output. May be cumulated. -p Specifies the base address of the EPP capable parallel port to which the modem is connected. Use the 0x prefix to specify hexadeci- mal numbers. -m Specifies various ``firmware'' options. -t Execute the named test. Tests may be stopped by pressing CTRL-C. FIRMWARE OPTIONS
intclk uses FPGA internal clock; don't use if an external oscillator is on board. extclk uses the external oscillator; recommended if the internal modem is used, as the frequency of the FPGA oscillator is not accurate enough. intmodem uses the internal modem extmodem uses a DF9IC type modem connected to the high speed modem connector divider=x sets the clock divider for the internal modem (baud=fquartz/16/divider) loopback sets an internal modem loopback extstat allows extended status readback noextstat disallows extended status readback pttmute mutes modulation signal output when PTT is off (default) nopttmute modulation signal is continuously output TESTS
ram tests the on board SRAM using boundary scan bled tests the on board LED's using boundary scan; disconnect PTT during the test. dac tests the on board DAC using boundary scan led tests the CON and STA leds using EPP address write ledfast tests the CON and STA leds using fast EPP address write berr performs a BER test using the complete adapter. An external loopback is required. berrv performs a BER test using the complete adapter. Also prints out the received bits. An external loopback is required. ccnt frequency counter using the check firmware cdac fast DAC test using the check firmware cram fast RAM test using the check firmware cled LED test using the check firmware SEE ALSO
ifconfig (8), sethdlc (8), linux/drivers/net/hamradio/baycom_epp.c AUTHOR
eppfpga was written by Thomas Sailer, HB9JNX/AE4WA (sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch). Eppfpga 0.8 30 March 2000 EPPFPGA(8)