Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Substitution using sed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Substitution using sed Post 5597 by Anshul on Friday 17th of August 2001 11:32:33 AM
Old 08-17-2001
One more thing you may do is put every variable in { }.
like :
sed 's/${Old_var}/${New_var}/g' FileName
Smilie Cheer Up,
Anshul

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed substitution

Hi, I have a set of files containing strings like I.TEST1_TEST2 or B.ESSA_ESSB for example. Does somebody know how to substitute these strings whith the same name and an extension "_V1" (ie. I.TEST1_TEST2_V1) using sed command or else ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jo_aze
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution using SED

Hi , I am stuck up in the below scenario:- I need to read a file name (eg A.txt) name frm another file (eg B.txt) and then I need to search for a particular expression in A.txt and substitute it with another expression. How can I use SED inside SHELL Scripting and command prompt as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Substitution

Hi , I am stuck up in the below scenario:- I need to read a file name (eg A.txt) name frm another file (eg B.txt) and then I need to search for a particular expression in A.txt and substitute it with another expression. How can I use SED inside SHELL Scripting and command prompt as well to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhranshu
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Substitution

Hi guys, Can u please help me to replace (-) with (/) in a file containing no of records using "sed " command in unix. thanks in advance. subhendu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhendu81
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed substitution

Hi I am trying to do a text insertion in a text file at a particular line number in a shell script. However its not working. sed '122i\ > for j in \`echo $MyList\` ; do perl -pi -e\'s#01\/01\/2009#01\/01\/2011#\' $j ; done' $HOME/MyScript.ksh The Actual line to be inserted at line 122... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with sed substitution

I'm a noob to unix, and I have a line of data like the following: title=Boston|tcolor=green|desc=Large city in New England|url=www.boston.com Is there a way to change a field value with sed substitution? (i.e. change tcolor=green to tcolor=blue) I figured out: sed... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: stabby
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitution with sed

I have a file with some numbers having single quotes around them which I want to remove. i.e. '923930' -> 23930 If it can be done without using sed thats fine. I have tried with sed but can't think how to replace this pattern on only the numbers (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_invalid
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed substitution

Hello, I have two files. File1 is normal txt file and File2 contains list of line numbers. e.g. File2: 3 6 9 ..... I need to replace a character in File1 in lines (taken from File2). For that I am using a "for" loop: for i in $(cat File2) do sed "$i s/Y/N/" File1 done but my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed substitution

How can you use sed with a line of code that reads: 67899:Bill:Williams:Maple Dr.:45908600 Let us say we want to replace Maple Dr. with Oak St. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yonkers062986
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed substitution

Hi everyone, I need very simple sed command to change a parameter in a text file. I have a line in this text which is like set xx 0.5 A program reads this file and does some algebraic calculations. So to make a parameter scan I need to change the value of xx. I thought I can do... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
7 Replies
xmerl_xsd(3erl) 					     Erlang Module Definition						   xmerl_xsd(3erl)

NAME
xmerl_xsd - Interface module for XML Schema vlidation. DESCRIPTION
Interface module for XML Schema vlidation. It handles the W3.org specifications of XML Schema second edition 28 october 2004. For an intro- duction to XML Schema study part 0. An XML structure is validated by xmerl_xsd:validate/[2,3]. DATA TYPES
global_state() : The global state of the validator. It is representated by the #xsd_state{} record. option_list() : Options allow to customize the behaviour of the validation. Possible options are : {tab2file,boolean()} : Enables saving of abstract structure on file for debugging purpose. {xsdbase,filename()} : XSD Base directory. {fetch_fun,FetchFun} : Call back function to fetch an external resource. {fetch_path,PathList} : PathList is a list of directories to search when fetching files. If the file in question is not in the fetch_path, the URI will be used as a file name. {state,State} : It is possible by this option to provide a state with process information from an earlier validation. EXPORTS
file2state(FileName) -> {ok, State} | {error, Reason} Types State = global_state() FileName = filename() Reads the schema state with all information of the processed schema from a file created with state2file/[1,2] . The format of this file is internal. The state can then be used validating an XML document. format_error(L::Errors) -> Result Types Errors = error_tuple() | [error_tuple()] Result = string() | [string()] Formats error descriptions to human readable strings. process_schema(Schema) -> Result Equivalent to process_schema(Schema, []) . process_schema(Schema, Options) -> term() process_schemas(Schemas) -> Result Equivalent to process_schema(Schemas, []) . process_schemas(Schemas, Options) -> term() process_validate(Schema, Xml::Element) -> Result Equivalent to process_validate(Schema, Xml, []) . process_validate(Schema, Xml, Opts) -> term() state2file(S::State) -> ok | {error, Reason} Same as state2file(State,SchemaName) The name of the saved file is the same as the name of the schema, but with .xss extension. state2file(S::State, FileName) -> ok | {error, Reason} Types State = global_state() FileName = filename() Saves the schema state with all information of the processed schema in a file. You can provide the file name for the saved state. FileName is saved with the .xss extension added. validate(Xml::Element, State) -> Result Equivalent to validate(Element, State, []) . validate(Xml::Element, State, Opts::Options) -> Result Types Element = XmlElement Options = option_list() Result = {ValidElement, global_state()} | {error, Reasons} ValidElement = XmlElement State = global_state() Reasons = [ErrorReason] | ErrorReason Validates a parsed well-formed XML element (Element). A call to validate/2 or validate/3 must provide a well formed parsed XML element #xmlElement{} and a State, global_state() , which holds necessary information from an already processed schema. Thus validate enables reuse of the schema information and therefore if one shall validate several times towards the same schema it reduces time consumption. The result, ValidElement, is the valid element that conforms to the post-schema-validation infoset. When the validator finds an error it tries to continue and reports a list of all errors found. In those cases an unexpected error is found it may cause a single error reason. Usage example: 1>{E,_} = xmerl_scan:file("my_XML_document.xml"). 2>{ok,S} = xmerl_xsd:process_schema("my_XML_Schema.xsd"). 3>{E2,_} = xmerl_xsd:validate(E,S). Observe that E2 may differ from E if for instance there are default values defined in my_XML_Schema.xsd . AUTHORS
<> xmerl 1.2.8 xmerl_xsd(3erl)