Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ACL
Special Forums Cybersecurity ACL Post 556 by Neo on Thursday 14th of December 2000 11:35:37 AM
Old 12-14-2000
http://www.freebsd.org/security/security.html

I don't recall FreeBSD having the ACL functionality built in to the kernel (other than the standard file permissions). I also did a quick check on the net and did not find any reference to having them. I did find posts in the bsd-security mail list archives complaining about the security architecture.

Here is the link to the FreeBSD security homepage:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

setting acl

Hi, I want to know how to set acl in aix via smitty and shell prompt, wheather we needs to install additional packages. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to create ACL

Hi, I generated a script that will create the list of dir/sub-dir and will allow to create the same on diff server. this is what i have done : #!/bin/ksh # Script to migrate the directory between the two servers. # Ver 0.1 # Author Krishna. D # c - create and e - extract directory if ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishnadvn
1 Replies

3. Linux

ACL

Hi, I want to know what does the "effective" comment means in the output of the getfacl and whether it has to do with the acl mask... thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gartlar
0 Replies

4. Solaris

ACL

Can i get the synopsis for add multiple users in single command for ACL access for a directory or a file thanks in advance dinu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

When did HP-UX have support for ACL?

Hello, I try to find what year HP-UX got support for ACL (Access Control List)? I know that HP-UX was the first Unix with ACL support, but it is very hard to find the information on when that occured. So anyone here know when that did happen? Any answers are appreciated, /eXpander (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eXpander
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need assistance on ACL

Hi Friends, I went through the ACL threads that were posted in the past but none were matching to my requirement . Hence starting a new thread . Challenge : user : a group : Test1 user: b group: Test2 Say under user a i create dir /tmp/debug with the privilege of 755 and also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leobreaker
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ACL concept

Hi.. Could someone explain about setfacl,getfacl in unix and its uses. Regards, Suresh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suresh sunkara
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ACL confusion

All, I am trying to clear ACL's completely from all files and folders in a directory. I can get the directories as cleared as: # owner: root # group: root user::rwx group::r-x other::rwx default:user::rwx default:group::r-x default:other::r-x What ever I do I can't remove the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hburnswell
4 Replies
secdef(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 secdef(3)

NAME
secdef: open_secdef(), close_secdef(), get_secdef_str(), get_secdef_int() - security defaults configuration file routines SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
opens the security configuration file This function must be called prior to calling or closes the security configuration file. and return the value of the specified parameter defined in the security configuration file. See the security(4) manpage. Programs using these routines must be compiled with APPLICATION USAGE
In a multithreaded application, these interfaces are thread-safe, but not async-cancel-safe. A cancellation point may occur when a thread is executing any of these interfaces. RETURN VALUE
returns a value of if the open completed successfully. Otherwise, it returns and leaves unchanged from the call. and return the follow- ing: The value of the specified parameter was successfully returned. The entry was not found, or the security configuration file was not opened. The format of the entry was incorrect. EXAMPLES
This example obtains the "path" from the parameter. FILES
Security defaults configuration file. SEE ALSO
security(4). secdef(3)