Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Download Free personal firewallls Post 54919 by Neo on Friday 27th of August 2004 03:33:25 PM
Old 08-27-2004
Poll closed....

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

free download indigo perl for windows

i want test perl program with indigo perl before i transfer it to the web, where i could get a free one software (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeoous
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any URL'S for free Unix Download

Hi, Can anyone please suggest me a URL where I can download some unix OS free of cost?? Thanks, Kumar (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelamarthi
4 Replies

3. Linux

Where can I download the original Linux code for free?

Where can I download the original Linux code for free? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Super Apollo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to download this free Unix database

Hi Folks, I was looking around some web sites and found out that there is/was this free databse for Unix called RDB by Walter Hobbs, which uses ASCII text files for its databases and uses Unix commands to manipulate them. Unfortunately, I can no longer access the ftp site mentioned on the web... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rooseter
0 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Free download for Mac os?

Does Any body knows where can I get free download for mac OS. Any version is OK.:o (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sackNumchai
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux free download

Hello, I am not sure where to post this questions... I have Windows XP in my home computer. I need to install Linux on my home computer for learning purpose. Can one please recommend any free download link to download free linux... Any help is appreciated... Thank you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: govindts
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free OS download

Could any one tell me where I can download Unix, linux,solaris and red hat OS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadg034
4 Replies
IO::Poll(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					     IO::Poll(3pm)

NAME
IO::Poll - Object interface to system poll call SYNOPSIS
use IO::Poll qw(POLLRDNORM POLLWRNORM POLLIN POLLHUP); $poll = IO::Poll->new(); $poll->mask($input_handle => POLLIN); $poll->mask($output_handle => POLLOUT); $poll->poll($timeout); $ev = $poll->events($input); DESCRIPTION
"IO::Poll" is a simple interface to the system level poll routine. METHODS
mask ( IO [, EVENT_MASK ] ) If EVENT_MASK is given, then, if EVENT_MASK is non-zero, IO is added to the list of file descriptors and the next call to poll will check for any event specified in EVENT_MASK. If EVENT_MASK is zero then IO will be removed from the list of file descriptors. If EVENT_MASK is not given then the return value will be the current event mask value for IO. poll ( [ TIMEOUT ] ) Call the system level poll routine. If TIMEOUT is not specified then the call will block. Returns the number of handles which had events happen, or -1 on error. events ( IO ) Returns the event mask which represents the events that happened on IO during the last call to "poll". remove ( IO ) Remove IO from the list of file descriptors for the next poll. handles( [ EVENT_MASK ] ) Returns a list of handles. If EVENT_MASK is not given then a list of all handles known will be returned. If EVENT_MASK is given then a list of handles will be returned which had one of the events specified by EVENT_MASK happen during the last call ti "poll" SEE ALSO
poll(2), IO::Handle, IO::Select AUTHOR
Graham Barr. Currently maintained by the Perl Porters. Please report all bugs to <perlbug@perl.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-8 Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com>. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 IO::Poll(3pm)