Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extremely Interested
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Extremely Interested Post 5481 by Punk18 on Wednesday 15th of August 2001 12:58:51 PM
Old 08-15-2001
Extremely Interested

As i was reading an article on being a "HACKERS" which was 30 minutes ago thinking that HACKING was the same as CRACKING, after the reading i discovered their difference, a hacker builds the internet while crackers just cracks and annoy like phreaking and breaking into people's computer.

That really got me into HACKING, althought i have no skills except for simple vB object runtime changing, and no C or C++ experience. Anyone got any good beginners guide?

Anyways can anyone post their first hacking experience, so i can learn from it. Cause i want to be the ones contructing.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interested, but lost.

Alright, so I'm interested in using Unix, but I have a couple of pretty basic questions: 1) What's the relationship between Linux and Unix? Are they one and the same, or completely different? 2) Can you use Unix on a laptop? and 3) Where can you get Unix? Thanks for listening. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ned
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interested in partial command output.

Command output is given to the console. As in the following case - wc -l filename produces following output nn filename From this, I am only interested with nn(rowcount). Cant we simply extract it thr console? I also tried with null device, I know as - /dev/null wc -l filename >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extremely New

I just loaded Cygwin on my XP deskop. I am TRYING to install a program that said it needs this program to run. How do I install or run a program? Keep in mind I just started with Unix yesterday:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gss
1 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Interested in bike riding !!! share your exp..

Hi folks, i know its totally diff topic on this community ... :-) Are you interested in bike riding !!! if yes , what is your fav bike ? what bike are you having now at your home ? what is your longest ride ? I have a indian made 200cc bike .. most of the time, i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vparunkumar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interested in getting new projects

Hi , I am interested in getting some new projects on shell scripting . Can some one suggest me some bidding site where I can get the projects. Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

In which sport are you interested?

I am swimmer and also gym is here . What sport do you practice ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
8 Replies
HISTORY(5)							File Formats Manual							HISTORY(5)

NAME
history - record of current and recently expired Usenet articles DESCRIPTION
The file /var/lib/news/history keeps a record of all articles currently stored in the news system, as well as those that have been received but since expired. In a typical production environment, this file will be many megabytes. The file consists of text lines. Each line corresponds to one article. The file is normally kept sorted in the order in which articles are received, although this is not a requirement. Innd(8) appends a new line each time it files an article, and expire(8) builds a new version of the file by removing old articles and purging old entries. Each line consists of two or three fields separated by a tab, shown below as : <Message-ID> date <Message-ID> date files The Message-ID field is the value of the article's Message-ID header, including the angle brackets. The date field consists of three sub-fields separated by a tilde. All sub-fields are the text representation of the number of seconds since the epoch -- i.e., a time_t; see gettimeofday(2). The first sub-field is the article's arrival date. If copies of the article are still present then the second sub-field is either the value of the article's Expires header, or a hyphen if no expiration date was speci- fied. If an article has been expired then the second sub-field will be a hyphen. The third sub-field is the value of the article's Date header, recording when the article was posted. The files field is a set of entries separated by one or more spaces. Each entry consists of the name of the newsgroup, a slash, and the article number. This field is empty if the article has been expired. For example, an article cross-posted to comp.sources.unix and comp.sources.d that was posted on February 10, 1991 (and received three min- utes later), with an expiration date of May 5, 1991, could have a history line (broken into two lines for display) like the following: <312@litchi.foo.com> 666162000~673329600~666162180 comp.sources.unix/1104 comp.sources.d/7056 In addition to the text file, there is a dbz(3z) database associated with the file that uses the Message-ID field as a key to determine the offset in the text file where the associated line begins. For historical reasons, the key includes the trailing byte (which is not stored in the text file). HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.12, dated 1996/09/06. SEE ALSO
dbz(3z), expire(8), innd(8), news-recovery(8). HISTORY(5)