Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Partioning scheme
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Partioning scheme Post 54656 by RajaRC on Friday 20th of August 2004 07:07:37 AM
Old 08-20-2004
Thanks Pressy

Regards,

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Partioning Drives

I have this 36 GB harddisk which houses the root partition along with a 28 GB partion for the rest of the data. The thing I wish to do is that partition this 28 GB into two partions. I have never partitioned the root disk. I just wanted to know whether is it possible to do when the disk is online... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DPAI
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Apache authentication scheme

Apache has an authentication scheme using .htaccess and a password file to authenticate people from accessing an area of the site. Is there anyway to set .htaccess to use the Unix password file to authenticate users. Thanks in advance Vu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with installing/partioning/Sol8

I have search the archives with no luck. Looking for help with my specific system. I have an SUN ULTRA 2 with dual 4.3GB HD's. I installed Solaris 8 with default settings (auto configure)and 2nd drive was partioned /export/home/extra as the only mount(4.3 G's). I then reinstalled the OS... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Partioning HDD

Hi theres I am quite new to solaris, I have 40GB HDD in which I have created only 10 GB partition & installed solaris 10. Now I want to add another 10GB from remaining 30GB space. I tried this with format utility but I get stuck after I create fdsik partition. After creating this I cant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: i_mroy
1 Replies

5. Linux

Partioning Disks In Linux

Hi, group Just wondering suppose you have linux already installed & now you get a new disk so that your computer has two disks. How do you go about partitioning/slicing the new disk in linux ? which utility do you use ? Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Msororaji
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Partioning of Disks on Red Hat Linux

Hello I have two disks on Red Hat Linux box. Disk one has been installed Linux Operating system. The disk two has been partitioned as one disk with 100 GB on the partition /dev/hda1. Right now, I want to modify it as 5 partitions. I like to partition disk 2 into 5 partitions. One... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lukas_pise
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Color Scheme file

Hi Experts. Finally I complete my move to Fedora distro :) I am using the gedit editor and I'd like to customize it because I like to work with black color on background and green for text color (this remember me my university time), I did the same on UltraEdit tool before but here in gedit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orma
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Pvcreate vs disk partioning

Hi, Case1 ) When a new disk is added ( ex: /dev/sda ), After scanning we create 1 partition for the whole disk ( ex: /dev/sda1 ) and then pvcreate and then add to a volume group. Query ) 1. We can do directly pvcreate on the whole disk also So, what is the difference between 1.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
3 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)