Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers print queue behavior on HP-UX Post 54587 by dangral on Wednesday 18th of August 2004 04:50:20 PM
Old 08-18-2004
Maybe I should provide a bit more background. The binary generally works on HP-UX. However there is one option that does not work because it relies on filenames, since the filename is not represented correctly (perhaps because of the way they wrote the interface).
They won't do anything about this. They just won't support that specific feature of the binary.
I think that if the interface file is tweaked, then it will work fine. Our company relies heavily on this feature, so I'm willing to play with the interface and see what I can do.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with print queue

I have a problem with a print queue that keeps going down on me every couple of days. When it happens I run an 'enable' and all is fine for a few more days. Can anyone can tell me where to start looking to debug this problem as i am new to UNIX Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carell
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 5 print queue

I have setup a printer and queue using SMIT and I have set the default tray to 4. What I am trying to find out is if there is a way to set the next tray it trys to use if tray 4 is empty to tray 3, then tray 2, then tray 1. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chefsride
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print to a ps2pdf print queue.

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Print to ps2pdf print queue

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Print queue not getting flushed

Hi All, I am new to HP-UX and new to administration world. I have a problem with two HP Laser Jet M5035MFP printers which are connected to HP-UX host machines. Problem is that whenver we print a job, the job gets printed very fine but the queue is not cleared. This makes the further jobs on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashgulati
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Queue Montior

I am very new to scripting could use some assistance polishing up my script. I have had issues with a print queue going down and needing some TLC to get it going again, however currently I have to wait for a user to complain about the issue. I have written a little script to monitor the print queue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdiYUZER
0 Replies

7. AIX

Print queue restriction

Hi, I'm at AIX 5.3, I have a print queue named chqprinter, I want to allow access to print only 2 users to that print queue, jobs printed by all other users to above queue should be deleted. Any idea how to achieve that? ---------- Post updated at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print behavior weird

Hi Experts I am facing a weird issue while using print statement in awk. I have a text file with 3 fields shown below: # cat f1 234,abc,1000 235,efg,2000 236,jih,3000 # When I print the third column alone, I dont face any issue as shown below: # awk '{print $3 }' FS=, f1 1000 2000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] remove all print jobs from a print queue

Hello, Sometimes i need to clear all the jobs of a print queue and it is really annoying to cancel one by one. Is there a way to cancel all print jobs for a specific print queue with a single command instead of cancelling them one by one? My AIX system is 5.3 Thank you for your attention (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

10. AIX

Print queue problems

I am using AIX 5. Just swapped over an HP printer. The old printer was on a JetDirect box. The new printer connects directly to the network. Using the same IP address to print to, so the only alteration I made was to edit the etc/qconfig file to alter the port setting from 9103 to 9100. I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charding
2 Replies
IDT(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    IDT(4)

NAME
idt -- device driver for IDT NICStAR-based ATM interfaces SYNOPSIS
device idt device atm DESCRIPTION
The idt device driver supports ATM network interfaces based on the IDT NICStAR 77211 controller, including the FORE Systems ForeRunner LE25 and LE155. For configuring the card for IP see natmip(4). ATM CBR connections are supported, and bandwidth is allocated in slots of 64k each. Three VBR queues handle traffic for VBR and UBR. Two UBR queues prioritize UBR traffic. ILMI and signalling get the higher priority queue, as well as UBR traffic that specifies a peak cell rate. All other UBR traffic goes into the lower queue. The following sysctls are recognized by the driver: hw.idt.log_bufstat Print statistics about buffer use to the system log periodically. hw.idt.log_vcs Print information about VC opens, closes, and other events to the system log. hw.idt.bufs_large Set or print the maximum size of the 2KB buffer queue. hw.idt.bufs_small Set or print the maximum size of the mbuf queue. hw.idt.cur_large Print the current size of the 2KB buffer queue. hw.idt.cur_small Print the current size of the mbuf queue. hw.idt.qptr_hold Optimize the TX queue buffer for lowest overhead. SEE ALSO
natm(4), natmip(4), ifconfig(8), route(8) AUTHORS
Richard Hodges, based on the original driver for FreeBSD 2.2 by Mark Tinguely. Bruce M. Simpson wrote this manual page and backported the driver to FreeBSD 4.9. BSD
June 3, 2003 BSD