Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers print queue behavior on HP-UX Post 54584 by Perderabo on Wednesday 18th of August 2004 04:11:17 PM
Old 08-18-2004
If you're having difficulty with a third party package, why not complain to the third party? But to find out what parameters are passed, just slip a few lines of code into the interface script to log them and then print something.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with print queue

I have a problem with a print queue that keeps going down on me every couple of days. When it happens I run an 'enable' and all is fine for a few more days. Can anyone can tell me where to start looking to debug this problem as i am new to UNIX Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carell
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 5 print queue

I have setup a printer and queue using SMIT and I have set the default tray to 4. What I am trying to find out is if there is a way to set the next tray it trys to use if tray 4 is empty to tray 3, then tray 2, then tray 1. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chefsride
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print to a ps2pdf print queue.

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Print to ps2pdf print queue

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Print queue not getting flushed

Hi All, I am new to HP-UX and new to administration world. I have a problem with two HP Laser Jet M5035MFP printers which are connected to HP-UX host machines. Problem is that whenver we print a job, the job gets printed very fine but the queue is not cleared. This makes the further jobs on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashgulati
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Queue Montior

I am very new to scripting could use some assistance polishing up my script. I have had issues with a print queue going down and needing some TLC to get it going again, however currently I have to wait for a user to complain about the issue. I have written a little script to monitor the print queue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdiYUZER
0 Replies

7. AIX

Print queue restriction

Hi, I'm at AIX 5.3, I have a print queue named chqprinter, I want to allow access to print only 2 users to that print queue, jobs printed by all other users to above queue should be deleted. Any idea how to achieve that? ---------- Post updated at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print behavior weird

Hi Experts I am facing a weird issue while using print statement in awk. I have a text file with 3 fields shown below: # cat f1 234,abc,1000 235,efg,2000 236,jih,3000 # When I print the third column alone, I dont face any issue as shown below: # awk '{print $3 }' FS=, f1 1000 2000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruprasadpr
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] remove all print jobs from a print queue

Hello, Sometimes i need to clear all the jobs of a print queue and it is really annoying to cancel one by one. Is there a way to cancel all print jobs for a specific print queue with a single command instead of cancelling them one by one? My AIX system is 5.3 Thank you for your attention (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

10. AIX

Print queue problems

I am using AIX 5. Just swapped over an HP printer. The old printer was on a JetDirect box. The new printer connects directly to the network. Using the same IP address to print to, so the only alteration I made was to edit the etc/qconfig file to alter the port setting from 9103 to 9100. I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charding
2 Replies
PQSTAT(1)							      pqstat								 PQSTAT(1)

NAME
pqstat - List jobs in NetWare print queue SYNOPSIS
pqstat [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -B ] queue name [ job count ] DESCRIPTION
pqstat lists specified number of jobs from the specified NetWare print queue available to you on some server. If you are already connected to some server, this one is used. If pqstat does not print to a tty, the decorative header line is not printed, so that you can count the jobs in print queue by doing pqstat -S server queue | wc -l pqstat looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
queue name queue name is used to specify queue. You can not use wildcards in the name. job count job count is used to specify how much entries will be shown. Default is to show all entries. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -P password You may want to give the password required by the server on the command line. You should be careful about using passwords in scripts. -n -n should be given to mount shares which do not require a password to log in. If neither -n nor -P are given, pqstat prompts for a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -B By default, pqstat lists the Netware name of the print job owner. -B causes it to list the banner name instead. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), nprint(1), slist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8), pqlist(1), pqrm(1) CREDITS
pqstat was written by David Woodhouse (dave@imladris.demon.co.uk) pqstat 03/03/1998 PQSTAT(1)