Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix to winnt file transfer
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unix to winnt file transfer Post 5433 by ober5861 on Tuesday 14th of August 2001 07:29:10 PM
Old 08-14-2001
Please keep in mind that if you are FTPing from the Unix box to the NT box, you must have a FTP daemon/server running on the NT box! Most Unix boxes come with some sort of FTP daemon built into them which is easily configured.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

File transfer from unix to NT box?

Is there a method to transfer a file from UNIX (AIX) to an NT box without the NT box having any special software running? I can ping the box via the network and I have a valid NT account to use. Is FTP a viable solution ? HELP! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvacc
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

importing database from unix to winnt

i am a unix-super-beginner (swaddled and weaned on windows) and am trying to import a database from a unix directory into winnt. can someone help me or am i a hopeless case? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadiecutie
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

rcp from winnt to unix

I try an RCP command from winnt to unix and it works only with 2 pc but with the two others it dosen't work....? MS-DOS return this error msg : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known. What can I do to resolve my probleme ? Dimitri Geneva - Switzerland (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfrangidis
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix automatic file transfer

Hello, I am a beginner with korn shell scripting. I have got a text file that gets produced every night and I need to transfer it to a windows shared area. Is there any command line script (e.g FTP) that I could use to transfer the file automatically without manual intervention everyday? Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tagem
4 Replies

5. Programming

How to check for a directory during FTP from WinNT to HP-UNIX

hi All, I have to Ftp a Directory from the WinNt to Hp-Unix, before that i have to check wether the same directory is present on HP-Unix, if it is then i have to delete that,& do the fresh FTP. The problem is that i have to implement this in a C Program,which i have to develop on WinNT Envt.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asifkhan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfer FILE from UNIX to WIN2000/XP

it's possible make a transfer file with a remote command from UNIX SYSTEM to another computer with WIN2000/XP ??? ex.(rsh,ssh ecc.....????) now i use FTP program or telnet connection but ,i find a solution for execute a transfre file in to shell script UNIX (sh or ksh) from windows system (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

to transfer a file from unix to window

Hello sir/Madam, I m writing in unix prompt folllowing- >ftp <local ip> // my pc ip is 10.64.0.59 Then following message is displayed- "ftp: connect: Connection refused" Please help me to solve this problem. Thanking you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfer file from unix to windows on same PC

Hi, Do any one know the shell script code to transfer a file from unix to windows on same PC (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: monika
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX - SCP File Transfer

Hi, How do i know if the files are transferred succesfully when i use SCP to transfer files between 2 servers. One more is i am trying to send all the files in a single shot by using * to save the connection time. So can i know when the scp breakes in the middle scp $sourcepath/*... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaykrc
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Transfer from Window server to UNIX and UNIX to UNIX

Dear All, Can someone help to command or program to transfer the file from windows to Unix server and from one unix server to another Unix server in secure way. I would request no samba client. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
TENTACLE_CLIENT(1)					   Client file transfer protocol					TENTACLE_CLIENT(1)

NAME
tentacle_client - a client file transfer protocol SYNOPSIS
tentacle_client <options> Tentacle is a client/server file transfer protocol that aims to be: - Executable programs or shell commands - System calls (functions provided by the kernel) - Library calls (functions within program libraries) Tentacle was created to replace more complex tools like SCP and FTP for simple file transfer/retrieval, and switch from authentication mechanisms like .netrc, interactive logins and SSH keys to X.509 certificates. Simple password authentication over a SSL secured connection is supported too. The client and server (TCP port 41121) are designed to be run from the command line or called from a shell script, and no configuration files are needed. Tentacle is now the default file transfer method for Pandora FMS and Babel Enterprise. Tentacle is implemented in Perl and ANSI C (Windows platforms included). You can download it and get more information at the official Sourceforge website http://tentacled.sourceforge.net/. OPTIONS
Tentacle Client options : -a address : Server address (default 127.0.0.1). -c : Enable SSL without a client certificate. -e cert : OpenSSL certificate file. Enables SSL. -f ca : Verify that the peer certificate is signed by a ca. -g : Get files from the server. -h : Show help. -k key : OpenSSL private key file. -p port : Server port (default 41121). -q : Quiet. Do now print error messages. -r number : Number of retries for network operations (default 3). -t time : Time-out for network operations in seconds (default 1s). -v : Be verbose. -w : Prompt for OpenSSL private key password. -x pwd : Server password. EXAMPLES
tentacle_client -a 192.168.1.1 -v /bin/bash Simple file transfer with maximum file size set to 1MB tentacle_client -a 192.168.1.1 -x password -v /bin/bash Simple file transfer with password authentication (not secure) tentacle_client -a 192.168.1.1 -x password -e cert.pem -k key.pem -v /bin/bash Secure file transfer with client certificate and password authentication NOTES
Tentacle requires Perl 5.8 or higher to works SEE ALSO
tentacle_server(1), pandora_server(1), pandora_agent(1) 0.2.0 2010-05-11 TENTACLE_CLIENT(1)