Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity how to hide the IP in the email header? Post 5429 by eddie on Tuesday 14th of August 2001 06:45:06 PM
Old 08-14-2001
Good suggestion.

Let us think why we do not have so severe spam problems in the real mail system (paper mails, not email). Because of postage. Email spammers send emails without paying postage.

I am thinking if we can imagine that emails should be added with electronic postages prior to being submited to the Email server. I think, with so developed computer technology we have, it is not a dream. Although this comport may incur widespread objections, I still believe E-postage could be a prospect of our future email system.

Last edited by eddie; 08-15-2001 at 02:07 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Reading the header of a tar file(posix header)

say i have these many file in a directory named exam. 1)/exam/newfolder/link.txt. 2)/exam/newfolder1/ and i create a tar say exam.tar well the problem is, when i read the tar file i dont find any metadata about the directories,as you cannot create a tar containig empty directories. on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanvirk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx requirement - email body header in bold and data content in normal text

Dear all- I have a requirement to send an email via email with body content which looks something below- Email body contents -------------------- RequestType: Update DateAcctOpened: 1/5/2010 Note that header information and data content should be normal text.. Please advice on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining header and data and send email without usage of temp file

Dear All- My requirement is as below- Header file $ cat HEADER.txt RequestId: RequestDate: Data file $ cat DATAVAL.txt 1001|2009-03-01 I need to send the combined data below as email body via mailx command ------------------ RequestId:1001 RequestDate:2009-03-01 I would like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing email header information by tweaking sendmail

How can i tweak sendmail configuration files so that the "Received:" field is removed from email header information? Or else can i change Received: (from enswitch@localhost) in email header to something likeReceived: (from xyz@localhost)? ---------- Post updated at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate all rows except header, but header should be output as well

Hello There... I have a sample input file .. number:department:amount 125:Market:125.23 126:Hardware store:434.95 127:Video store:7.45 128:Book store:14.32 129:Gasolline:16.10 I will be doing some manipulations on all the records except the header, but the header should always be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

7. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursive header for email body

i have added the header also to the script you provided, it is working fine, but I am expecting to get the header over those rows for which the URL or port changes. URL will remain same for few rows and then it change, and once the URL change the header should come, like in below input you can see... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find header in a text file and prepend it to all lines until another header is found

I've been struggling with this one for quite a while and cannot seem to find a solution for this find/replace scenario. Perhaps I'm getting rusty. I have a file that contains a number of metrics (exactly 3 fields per line) from a few appliances that are collected in parallel. To identify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies
AMC-MAILING(1)						       Auto Multiple Choice						    AMC-MAILING(1)

NAME
AMC-mailing - mail PDF annotated completed answer sheets to students SYNOPSIS
auto-multiple-choice mailing [--xmlargs args.xml] --projet project-dir --students-list students-list.csv [--list-encoding encoding] --email-column col --sender sender-email --subject subject --text email-body [--debug file.log] [transport arguments...] DESCRIPTION
The command AMC-mailing.pl sends by email the PDF annotated completed answer sheets to the students. Email addresses are taken from the students list file. --projet project-dir Gives the project directory. --students-list students-list.csv sets the students list file name. --list-encoding encoding selects an encoding for file students-list.csv (default is utf-8). --email-column col sets the name of the column containing the email addresses of the students in the students list file. --sender sender-email sets the sender email. --subject subject sets the subject of the emails to send. --text email-body sets the body text of the emails to send. --transport transport sets the transport to use. transport may be sendmail or SMTP. --debug file.log gives a file to fill with debugging information. TRANSPORT ARGUMENTS
Depending on the value used for argument transport, the following arguments can be added: Transport sendmail --sendmail-path path sets the path to the sendmail command (defaults to /usr/sbin/sendmail). Transport SMTP --smtp-host host sets the SMTP hostname (defaults to smtp). --smtp-port port sets the port to use (default value is 25). ARGUMENTS IN A XML FILE
To avoid encoding problems, one can place some arguments in a XML file and use the --xmlargs file.xml argument as the first command argument. Here is an exemple of such a file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <arguments> <arg>--sender</arg><arg>Bienvenue &lt;paamc@passoire.fr&gt;</arg> <arg>--text</arg><arg>Voila votre copie corrigee</arg> <arg>--subject</arg><arg>QCM</arg> </arguments> AUTHORS
Alexis Bienvenue <paamc@passoire.fr> Main author Jean Berard Translation from French Georges Khaznadar Translation from French COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Alexis Bienvenue This document can be used according to the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Auto Multiple Choice 1.1.1 06/19/2012 AMC-MAILING(1)