Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: shortcut in unix?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers shortcut in unix? Post 5421 by seba on Tuesday 14th of August 2001 03:25:30 PM
Old 08-14-2001
shortcut in unix?

Sorry, anybody here knows how to make a shortcut in unix?

Thanks.
Sebastian.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shortcut to home directory?

Also, Wherever you are exploring files in the UNIX structure you can jusy type "cd". This will take you to your home directory. Hope that helps. Cheers! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shortcut

Dear Friends How i make shortcut in Tru64 unix for example make a shortcut for mail , i want to make a shortcut under / root the bath for mail # cd /var/spool/mail Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fmmq
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shortcut thing?

Hey, im new to Linux...totally new. I know there is a way to assign a type of variable or something to a directory, so instead of having to type "cd /var/www" etc, I could just assign a variable to the directory, so I could just do "cd $assignedvar" and it would be there...if you get what I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo0ness
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a shortcut in awk?

Is there a key board shortcut in vi editor to allow me to find the next ( or { that are corresponding to the first one? Thanks! It's % sign. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

All Shortcut key combinations

Hi, I am using the Korn-Shell (ksh) and would like to know all the shortcut keys. For example: Shift + Insert etc. Thank you very much. Take care (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: --crimson--
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create shortcut to a directory in unix

Hello, I am having a problem to create a shortcut in a directory linked to another directory in my home directory. For example, I would like to create a shortcut 'outputs', which directly links to the real 'outputs' in my home directory. So, I was wondering if ln is the correct command in this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemresis
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparison operators: shortcut name

There are a number of comparison operators used in scripting and programming languages, such as the following: =, ==, ===, !=, =~, <, >, <=, >=, etc Is there a shortcut name for them, such as one has for as being any capital letter? If not, it would mean that I would have to list them all for a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shortcut keys are not working

Hi all, I use the shortcut keys CTRL-a and CTRL-e to move cursor to start and end of line in shell prompt alot. But recently what happened to my system i don't know only CTRL-a is working not CTRL-e . If i press CTRL-e any other window in that desktop pop's up. Can any1 tell me how to correct... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vio719
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How to create a shortcut for Openoffice?

Hello all, I am facing some problem after installing the Openoffice in Solaris 10. The installation is successful but i cannot find any icon or shortcut on both Application and Desktop... please help me on this.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aungyepaing
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a shortcut

Hi, I want to match a column of one file with many others and take the average of each one and put them into one file (I know sounds complicated). so the 1st file is just a list of names that I want to match with the 2nd file that have names along with rows of values. awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
4 Replies
Image::ExifTool::Shortcuts(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Image::ExifTool::Shortcuts(3)

NAME
Image::ExifTool::Shortcuts - ExifTool shortcut tags SYNOPSIS
This module is required by Image::ExifTool. DESCRIPTION
This module contains definitions for tag name shortcuts used by Image::ExifTool. You can customize this file to add your own shortcuts. Individual users may also add their own shortcuts to the .ExifTool_config file in their home directory (or the directory specified by the EXIFTOOL_HOME environment variable). The shortcuts are defined in a hash called %Image::ExifTool::UserDefined::Shortcuts. The keys of the hash are the shortcut names, and the elements are either tag names or references to lists of tag names. An example shortcut definition in .ExifTool_config: %Image::ExifTool::UserDefined::Shortcuts = ( MyShortcut => ['createdate','exif:exposuretime','aperture'], MyAlias => 'FocalLengthIn35mmFormat', ); In this example, MyShortcut is a shortcut for the CreateDate, EXIF:ExposureTime and Aperture tags, and MyAlias is a shortcut for FocalLengthIn35mmFormat. AUTHOR
Copyright 2003-2010, Phil Harvey (phil at owl.phy.queensu.ca) This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Image::ExifTool(3pm) perl v5.12.1 2010-03-01 Image::ExifTool::Shortcuts(3)