Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers oracle installation on redhat 7.0/7.1 Post 5403 by balu on Tuesday 14th of August 2001 09:12:10 AM
Old 08-14-2001
oracle installation on redhat 7.0/7.1

can anybody tell me that whether oracle 8i is installable on redhat 7.0/7.1. for me it is only working successfully on redhat 6.1 but not later versions

cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mysql installation error using redhat 7.2

i am a newbie to unix admin stuff so bare with me. -- i get this message when executing mysql_install_db during the installation of mysql. what is the cause of this and how can it be fixed. btw - i have tried installing as root and other accounts also. scripts/mysql_install_db:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: theDirtiest
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redhat 7.3 Installation

Hi, I am trying to install Redhat 7.3 on a Compaq Proliant Server but after booting from CD1 it gives following "SYSLINUX 1.52 Unknown Keyword in Syslinux.cfg Could not find Kernel Image boot: I don't know what this means. I tried the same CD on a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
4 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

re-partiton / re-installation on Redhat 7.3

Hello, me and a friend currently operate a dedicated server our /dev/hda2 is starting to get full and we have a lot of information in there we would like to keep, so we are thinking about adding an additional 120GB HD then reinstall the OS to re-partition the partitions, our current setup looks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaft
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Python Installation problems on Redhat Enterprise Linux.

Hi All, I have to upgrade python installed on my Redhat enterprise Linux 4. I downloaded the latest python package from python website but not able to install the new package as the make command itself goes on running for more than a day. Can some help me regarding this. Is ther any method to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveen H
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

remote redhat installation

Hi guys! I have fedora6 on server and i want redhell5 to be on it. The problem is that the server is located from me several hundred kilometers away. So the only access i have is ssh. On my notebook i have iso-image with redhell5. How can install redhell5 on it and deinstall fedora6? Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smallman
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl connect to remote oracle db without local oracle installation

I want to use Perl to connect to a remote Oracle DB I have no oracle installation on my server (and dont plan on installing one) I am using solaris 9 on x86 server. Is this possible? I basically want to run some basic sql queries on the remote oracle db which I have access to using perl on my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Help with Redhat installation problem

Hello; I have 4 servers with RedHat Enterprise server 32-bit installed. i'm trying to install 64-bit system instead but the hardware has only CD drive (not DVD). When i tried to use external DVD drive and connect it to the USB to install the 64-bit system, it starts ok but then it ask for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Redhat 9 installation problem

All, I am trying to install redhat9 to my system. I have 26 GB of unpartitioned space, and I do have xp-2 already installed on my system in c: . I am using external DVD-RW to install linux. I have booted the CD, chosen Graphical mode and now installation frizzed with below message: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Redhat installation

Hi everyone, i am new to unix system. i got a project to install a web server (grafana)and database(influxdb) to install in redhat 7. The alloted space for my virtual machine is 1.3 TB . i don't have any idea how to allocate this space for redhat directories. DO i have to continue with the basic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munnancs
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Dependency Error for OpenSSL i686 installation in Redhat 7.4 x64

Hi, I am unable to install openssl package due to some of the dependencies: # rpm -i openssl098e-0.9.8e-29.el7_2.3.i686.rpm warning: openssl098e-0.9.8e-29.el7_2.3.i686.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID fd431d51: NOKEY error: Failed dependencies: libcom_err.so.2 is needed by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsimpossible86
0 Replies
oddjob_request(1)					      General Commands Manual						 oddjob_request(1)

NAME
oddjob_request - send requests to oddjobd from the command line SYNOPSIS
oddjob_request [-s service] [-o object] [-i interface] [-S] [ [request [arg1 ...]] | -I ] DESCRIPTION
The oddjob_request application is a simple oddjob client application which can be used to invoke a particular method provided by the odd- jobd server. If no request is given as a command-line argument, oddjob_request will attempt to invoke the list method, which should list all methods for which the invoking user is authorized. ARGUMENTS
-S Connect to the session bus instead of the system bus. This option is primarily intended for use in testing. com.redhat.oddjob. -s service The object is provided by the named service instead of com.redhat.oddjob. -o object Invoke a method on the named object instead of /com/redhat/oddjob. -i interface The method is part of the named interface instead of com.redhat.oddjob. -I Default to the method and interface names used for D-Bus introspection (Introspect and org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable, respec- tively). SEE ALSO
oddjob.conf(5) oddjobd.conf(5) oddjobd(8) oddjob Manual 25 April 2005 oddjob_request(1)