Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Windows Emulator?
Operating Systems Linux Slackware Windows Emulator? Post 53859 by Kimm on Tuesday 27th of July 2004 07:27:15 AM
Old 07-27-2004
it doesnt realy mather if you allways work as a root user, I am the only one that ever uses this computer so it doesnt realy mather, unless it can pose a threat through hackers/crackers

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix emulator for windows 98

as part of my course i have to do a lot of programming using the universities unix server. i am able to access this from home using telnet but i cannot use axe or anything to edit my files. I was wondering if anyone knew of any software that could enable me yo do this as i like working at 2am when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HALLY
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Telnet Emulator

What's the best Telnet and SSH for Win32 platforms, along with an xterm terminal emulator to use nowadays? Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can anyone recommend a freeware X-windows emulator?

Are there any freeware or shareware X-windows emulators out there? I only have the need for an emulator on rare occasions and would like to avoid having to purchase something like Exceed or x32. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhack
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Emulator

Where can I download a unix Emulator for Training and education of the IT personal in my company. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: st_matan
9 Replies

5. Linux

how to use terminal emulator???

hello, can any body tell how to use terminal emulator.... i want to check he serial port communication with the help of that terminal emmulator.... also tell me how to open terminal emmulator.....and how to configure it........and how to use it... I am using fedora core 6..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Windows emulator on Solaris machine

Hello together, in our German company we have buyed one English Windows XP version. Every one of us should have access to this windows installation. So we have reconsidered that we want to install this Windows on our SUN SPARC Solaris machine. It is only used for checking out licenses of our own... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SPORTS
2 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Mac OS X emulator for Windows XP?

Not quite sure if this is the right section, but you guys know lots of good stuff. Is there a good OS X emulator that I can put on my Windows XP system? I have PC's and at work/lab they run everything on mac's. Due to program compatibility issues, it would be nice if I could run mac software on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: silkiechicken
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal Emulator

Hi, I was just wondering how to distinguish between the two terms: 1. Terminal emulator (vt100, vt220 and so on) 2. shell command line Then i decided to conclude myself that these 2 are very equivalent. am I right? this actually came to my mind when I was using my HP-UX terminal. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

9. Hardware

SparcStation 20 emulator

Hello, Just wanted to let interested people know that we've recently released a Linux freeware version of SparcStation 20 emulator. It emulates SS20 with some basic peripherals: a single SPARC V8 32bit CPU, up to 512MB RAM, an NCR53C94 SCSI controller, 2 serial lines, disks, a network adapter,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thlan
7 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS