Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Functionality difference between HP-UX Release 10.20 and 11.00 Post 53798 by puspendu on Sunday 25th of July 2004 10:49:34 PM
Old 07-25-2004
HI All,

Thanks for the response.

The problem is something like this.

I had coded in HP-UX Release 11.00. The code contained some checks in the form of IF clauses eg..
IF [ "$var1" -eq "200" ] ; then
echo "just an example"
FI

The first field of a file nohup.out (FTP log) was being fetched (by cutting) into a variable "var1". I guess that was making it a string datatype instead of numerical.

The comparison in the IF statement as you can see above is for numerical type.

When tested on Release 11.00 it worked fine but on testing on Release 10.20 it threw the following error :
"cust_runer[194]: 221-Total: The specified number is not valid for this command."

The following error disappeared when i changed the comparison symbol from "-eq" to "=".

So my query is why such difference in behaviour, there has to some explanation to it.

I hope I have been elaborate in my explanation of the problem.

Please help me in finding an explanation.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between SunOS Release and Solaris Release

Whats the difference between Solaris Relase and SunOS Release?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date functionality

Hi, Could someone help me to get yesterday's date in MMDDYY format. echo `date '+%m%d%y'` is giving me today's date in the above format. Thanks in advance for your help.. Suresh. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svannala1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed functionality

I have a few xml files and I want to input say 5 parameters within each file. is it possible to do so with sed? <parameter>A</parameter> <parameter>B</parameter> .... .... And so on. These parameters are meant to go in just inside: <?xml... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: collern2
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restartibility Functionality....

Hello, I am trying to write a script that has a option of restarting the script from where it failed. I have to write a script called Batch.sh. This script has to run quite a few sql files as shown below: logcmd.sh -f test1.sql logcmd.sh -f test2.sql logcmd.sh -f test3.sql logcmd.sh -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using functionality in another ksh

i have a function defined in one ksh i want to use the same functionality in another ksh i am using . ../<ksh name> but it is not picking that functionality what i have to do for the same (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe Functionality

Hi, I am trying to emulate the '|' functionality through pipe function call. I am passing the o/p of exec in parent as input to the exec in child. The buf is readin the o/p but the exec in child is not working. Can somebody checkout the code and point where am i going wrong or missing something.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amejoish
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Functionality

Hi everyone, today i need that someone help to understand this particular line of command. So you can explain to me step by step, it will be great. ---------- Post updated at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:51 AM ---------- (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip -r Functionality

Hi , I've written the following code to zip the big file $dir_temp ="/home/etc/hst zip -r $dir_temp/file_nm.zip $dir_temp/file_nm The zip file has been created . When I try to UNZIP the file with the following command unzip file_nm.zip The file got unzipped but created in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script lock functionality

Hi All, My requirement is i have a script A.sh .When a person A runs the script A.sh it should get locked and person B should not run the script. i followed the below code f_script_lock() { process=$1 user=`ps -ef | grep -i "$process" | grep -i 'ksh' | awk '{print $1;}'` if ; then ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP and SFTP functionality

Hi Friends, I need to make a Unix script, where i need ftp and sftp functionality. Let me describe in details: I need to import few files from remote server, now these remote server either support ftp or sftp not both. So i need a script where my script will try to do ftp first and if it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
8 Replies
ibcm(7D)							      Devices								  ibcm(7D)

NAME
ibcm - Solaris InfiniBand Communication Manager DESCRIPTION
The Solaris InfiniBand Communication Manager (IBCM) is a Solaris kernel misc module that adheres to the InfiniBand Architecture Specifica- tion, Volume 1: Release 1.1 for InfiniBand Communication Management Class. IBCM provides a transport layer abstraction to IB clients to set up reliable connected channels along with service, multicast, and path lookup-related functionality. IBCM implements the CM protocol as per the InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 and utilizes the InfiniBand Management Framework module for all IB management-related functionality and the InfiniBand Transport Layer (see ibtl(7D)) for all IB Verbs-related functionality. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibcm 32-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibcm 64-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibcm 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ibtl(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.11 2 Apr 2004 ibcm(7D)