Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers setting DISPLAY when logging in Post 5361 by suntan on Monday 13th of August 2001 12:33:05 PM
Old 08-13-2001
Java setting DISPLAY when logging in

Hi guys;

When I use xwindows and login to my solaris box i have to set the display. I know there is a way to set that in the profile so that i don't have to set it everytime i log in and it is automatically done. any ideas!

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Asking about logging in

Hi, just wriiten a sh script and as my script will try to log into another server to delete some files but when i run , it keeps on saying that my files do not exist. It seems to refer to my local directory instead. Below is my script : FTP_HOST=ip_number FTP_USER="user password" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blueberry80
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need more logging

Hi all! On our current Solaris 8 machine we only have "standard" logging configured, and now i need to put on more. What i specificly need is time in the logfiles. Ex. When a user is logging in, when a user makes it self SU. etc. Regards... dOzY (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

logging into

Hi all Can anyone tell me how to login inot telnet,i heard that it is an interface between unix and windows,if i am wrong please correct me. Thanks in anticipation (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Constant Logging In (After Logging Out)

Hi Everyone. First, I want to thank all of you for letting me participate in this great group. I am having a bit of a problem. After I get an email from a responder, I login to make my reply. In the mean time I get another response by email from another member, I go to reply to them and I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem setting display using vnc viewer

Hi All, I am having a linux machine and i used to work on this machine either directly or by using vncviewer from my windows machine. So everytime i launch new terminal on my vnc view i need to set DISPLAY. So i added the following code in my .cshrc if ($?VNCDESKTOP == 1) then setenv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Event logging to file and display to console | tee command is not able to log all info.

My intention is to log the output to a file as well as it should be displayed on the console > I have used tee ( tee -a ${filename} ) command for this purpose. This is working as expected for first few outputs, after some event loggin nothing is gettting logged in to the file but It is displaying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanoop
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Is there a difference between setting a user as nologin and setting it as a role?

Trying to figure out the best method of security for oracle user accounts. In Solaris 10 they are set as regular users but have nologin set forcing the dev's to login as themselves and then su to the oracle users. In Solaris11 we have the option of making it a role because RBAC is enabled but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: os2mac
1 Replies

9. Linux

Syslog not logging successful logging while unlocking server's console

When unlocking a Linux server's console there's no event indicating successful logging Is there a way I can fix this ? I have the following in my rsyslog.conf auth.info /var/log/secure authpriv.info /var/log/secure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)