Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telnet Emulator
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Telnet Emulator Post 53456 by laila63 on Thursday 15th of July 2004 11:15:14 AM
Old 07-15-2004
Telnet Emulator

What's the best Telnet and SSH for Win32 platforms, along with an xterm terminal emulator to use nowadays?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

Windows Emulator?

I have heard of something called a windows emulator that allows you to run windows programs in linux, does this realy work? can I run any windows program (like a computer game)? and where can I get it :p (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Emulator

Where can I download a unix Emulator for Training and education of the IT personal in my company. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: st_matan
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

KSH emulator

Please understand I am enquiring for someone else where I am working at the moment. Does anyone know of a Ksh emulator which will execute in a Windows environment? As I said this is not me asking I am enquiring for someone else! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnf
3 Replies

4. Linux

how to use terminal emulator???

hello, can any body tell how to use terminal emulator.... i want to check he serial port communication with the help of that terminal emmulator.... also tell me how to open terminal emmulator.....and how to configure it........and how to use it... I am using fedora core 6..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

6. Programming

Floating point Emulator

what is floating point emulator(FPE)? where and why it is used? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pgmfourms
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically login in the telnet from present telnet

Hi, I was writing one script which includes to switch to the another telnet automatically from the present telnet server. I was using rlogin but firstly it takes the same user name of the present telnet and secondly it is prompting for the password. But i want to switch to the another telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal Emulator

Hi, I was just wondering how to distinguish between the two terms: 1. Terminal emulator (vt100, vt220 and so on) 2. shell command line Then i decided to conclude myself that these 2 are very equivalent. am I right? this actually came to my mind when I was using my HP-UX terminal. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies

9. Hardware

SparcStation 20 emulator

Hello, Just wanted to let interested people know that we've recently released a Linux freeware version of SparcStation 20 emulator. It emulates SS20 with some basic peripherals: a single SPARC V8 32bit CPU, up to 512MB RAM, an NCR53C94 SCSI controller, 2 serial lines, disks, a network adapter,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thlan
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Between Krb5-telnet And Ekrb5-telnet

Hi, I want to know the difference between these two services. Both are under xinetd. Both are used for enabling and disabling Telnet service. So, can somebody please explain me the difference between the two ? Thanks in advance :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
0 Replies
tels(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   tels(7)

NAME
tels, telm - STREAMS Telnet slave (pseudo-terminal) driver, STREAMS Telnet master driver (used by telnetd only), respectively SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
A Telnet pseudo-terminal consists of a tightly-coupled pair of character devices, called the master device and slave device. The master and slave device drivers work together to provide a Telnet connection on the server side where the master provides a connection to and the slave provides a terminal device special file access for the Telnet application processes, as depicted below: -------------------------- | Pseudo terminal functions| Application <--> |--------------------------| <--> telnetd Processes | Slave | Master | | (tels) | (telm) | -------------------------- The slave driver, with (STREAMS pty emulation module) and (STREAMS line discipline module) pushed on top (not shown for simplicity), pro- vides a terminal interface as described in termio(7). Whereas devices that provide the terminal interface described in termio(7) have a hardware device behind them; in contrast, the slave device has manipulating it through the master side of the Telnet pseudo terminal. There are no nodes in the file system for each individual master device. Rather, the master driver is set up as a STREAMS clone(7) driver with its major device number set to the major for the clone driver and its minor device number set to the major for the driver. The master driver is opened by telnetd using the open(2) system call with as the device file parameter. The clone open finds the next available minor number for the master device. The master device is available only if it and its corresponding slave device are not already opened. In order to use the STREAMS Telnet subsystem, a node for the master driver and N number of Telnet slave devices must be installed. The number of slave devices is set by a kernel tunable parameter called This can be modified using SAM; its default and minimum value is 60. The value of is the upper limit of the number of telnet sessions that can be opened. Multiple opens are allowed on the Telnet slave device. The master and slave drivers pass all STREAMS messages to their adjacent drivers. When the connection is closed from the Telnet client side, an message is sent to the corresponding slave device which will render that slave device unusable. The process on the slave side gets the errno when attempting a write(2) system call to the slave device file but it will be able to read any data remaining in the slave stream. Finally, when all the data has been read, the read(2) system call will return 0, indicating that the slave can no longer be used. AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. FILES
Streams Telnet master clone device Streams slave devices where N is the minor number of the slave device and 0 < N < SEE ALSO
insf(1M), open(2), ioctl(2), streamio(7), ldterm(7), telnetd(1M), ptem(7). tels(7)