Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: clone harddisk
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users clone harddisk Post 5337 by Neo on Friday 10th of August 2001 05:46:47 PM
Old 08-10-2001
dd

Try the command line utility dd

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

server harddisk upgrade

hi friends, one of my clnts wants his Hard drive to be ugrded . He is currently using SCO unix 5.04 on a 4.3 Gig SCSI drive. He wants me to upgrd it to 18 Gigs . All he wants is that the data / programs / userfiles shall be intact. he has 3 user slices /user1, /user2 , /user3 presently... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: /etc/passwd
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCSI Harddisk

hey guys this is my problem I have SCO unix installed on a IDE h/drive. I want to add a SCSI hard drive, how do i do that within UNIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwame.neilsen
1 Replies

3. Solaris

SunOS 5.6 vs 5.8 HardDisk

Hi all, I am not sure I am in the correct forum or not, but I would appreciate if somebody from here can help me out. My processing equipment currently is using Unltra5 SunOs 5.6 with 8.6 GB hard disk, newer UltraSPARC SunOS 5.8 is with higher hard disk capacity. I am wondering how much hard... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uvex
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Harddisk partation problem

Hello! My harddisk is RZ1CB-CS SCSIWC.It runs radar application software on unix operating system.Now dev\rz0a partation not found.So it can't run application recorded at rz0a .How can i solve this problem.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akzin
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Harddisk partation problem

Hello! My harddisk is RZ1CB-CS SCSIWC.It runs radar application software on unix operating system.Now dev\rz0a partation not found.So it can't run application recorded at rz0a .How can i solve this problem.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akzin
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Image from harddisk

Can i take image from all data in SCSI hard-disk which work in foxboro workstation and extract it again on another hard disk ?:b: thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hatemeid
4 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

resize harddisk partions

Dear All, Is any one know a way to re partition the hard disk after installing solaries and the application, as the application is important and we need a way to increase a the size of /opt partition without reinstalling the solaries.... Thanx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: engineer20033
5 Replies

8. Solaris

How to clone enter harddisk on Sun Sparc20?

Hi mates, well before posting my problem, i really searched hi and low for some ideas, but sad to say none of them worked, including dd command. My problem is that i have 2 harddisk, 1 in use and 1 for spare. The one im using got crashed and now im using my spare harddisk with all the... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ron Macam
24 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Problem mounting harddisk

Hi all I am having a great deal of trouble mounting a harddisk on my Ubuntu 9.10 desktop. Output from "fdisk -l": Disk /dev/sda: 640.1 GB, 640135028736 bytes 86 heads, 15 sectors/track, 969196 cylinders Units = cylinders of 1290 * 512 = 660480 bytes Disk identifier: 0x00000001 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnymarkp
5 Replies

10. Linux

Harddisk is not detected during linux installation

Hi All, I want to install Fedora Core-3 on Dell Optiplex 755 machine but when I am trying to install it, it is not detecting the hard-drive and unable to install it. When I tried to install Windows Xp, no problem for it and installed successfully. My harddisk is WDC WD800JD-75MSA3 (80... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
1 Replies
GROUPINFO(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      GROUPINFO(8)

NAME
groupinfo -- displays group information SYNOPSIS
groupinfo [-ev] group DESCRIPTION
The groupinfo utility retrieves the group information from the system. The groupinfo utility is only available if built with EXTENSIONS. See group(8) for more information. The following command line options are recognised: -e Return 0 if the group exists, and non-zero if the group does not exist, on the system. No information is displayed. This form of the command is useful for scripts which need to check whether a particular group name or gid is already in use on the system. -v Perform any actions in a verbose manner. The group argument may either be a group's name, or a gid. EXIT STATUS
The groupinfo utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. FILES
/etc/usermgmt.conf SEE ALSO
passwd(5), group(8) HISTORY
The groupinfo utility first appeared in NetBSD 1.5. It is based on the addnerd package by the same author. AUTHORS
The groupinfo utility was written by Alistair G. Crooks <agc@NetBSD.org>. BSD
November 7, 2005 BSD