Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ISAM FILE CONVERSION TO TEXT
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ISAM FILE CONVERSION TO TEXT Post 532 by Neo on Tuesday 12th of December 2000 08:10:40 PM
Old 12-12-2000
Question

Please describe the format of the ISAM file you are describing. What is the format of this file. Can you post an example of the text? Is is a binary file?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary data to text file conversion

Dear Sir; i want to know how the binary data convert to text file or readablw format (ASCII).If possible pl. help me for the software and where it is available for download. i.e. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: auro123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text to xlsx conversion

Hi Guys, The code snippet below is working fine with xls 2003 but the same is not working in xlsx 2007. Can someone please help. #Convert .txt file format to .xls format awk 'BEGIN{ FS="|" cols=8 print "<HTML><style type=\"text/css\">td{mso-number-format:\"\@\"}</style><BODY><TABLE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: icefish
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Context Sensitive smallcap => TitleCap conversion in an entire text file

I desperately need to write a script that go into text documents that list the location of files in small caps and have it convert the directories and subdirectories that lead to the file as Title Caps while leaving the file itself in small caps... to illustrate what I mean: I need to turn txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkeyman
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell or perl script needed for ldif file to text file conversion

This is the ldf file dn: sdcsmsisdn=1000000049,sdcsDatabase=subscriberCache,dc=example,dc=com objectClass: sdcsSubscriber objectClass: top postalCode: 29600 sdcsServiceLevel: 10 sdcsCustomerType: 14 givenName: Adelia sdcsBlackListAll: FALSE sdcsOwnerType: T-Mobile sn: Actionteam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinuxFriend
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of spaces Text file into CSV format file

Input file (each line is separaed by spaces )given below: Name Domain Contact Phone Email Location ----------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------- -----... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

text to csv conversion

Thank u every body ......just need a help so that a text file needs to be converted into CSV............. my log file is as follows Host scsi3: usb-storage Vendor: Maxtor Product: OneTouch III Serial Number: 044303E5 Protocol: Transparent SCSI Transport: Bulk ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tangotango
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PDF to Text Conversion

Hi Guys, My OS is Suse Linux.. Is there a Command to convert PDF file to Text?? Cheers!!!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of a text file to html

hi i hav a file called focus. which is the output file. i want to convert this file to html file and mail it. help with code and explanatio. i am basic in unix (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wasim999
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML Conversion of text file

Hi, I have following text file. I want to convert it into the below HTML format. Kindly help. Input Text File Header 1 ======= Name:*** Age:*** Address:*** Work Phone:*** Email:*** Mobile:*** Country:*** City:*** Pincode:*** some text here **** (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text Conversion in Column

Hi all; We have a table: COL1 COL2 COL3 COL4 COL5 COL6 COL7 val1 val2 val3 val4 val5 1 val7 val1 val2 val3 val4 val5 3 val7 val1 val2 val3 val4 val5 5 val7 val1 val2 val3 val4 val5 2 val7 ... As you see, 6th columns are filled with numbers as, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc... and I want to make a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
10 Replies
cr(1)							      General Commands Manual							     cr(1)

NAME
cr - converts text files between nix EOL and dos EOL SYNOPSIS
cr - | + <input file> <output file> DESCRIPTION
Text files, such as tle files, that come from a dos source usualy have the ^M symbol at the end of every line. Cr converts files between the dos newline format and the normal *nix newline format by stripping the ^M to convert dos to *nix, using the '-' option, or adding ^M to a *nix file to create the proper dos file when the '+' option is used. Although this extra character is not often a problem, programs like seesat5, which are data driven will encounter parsing problems when the extra character is present. It is these problems that cr is intended to repair. Options - | + One or the other of these options is required. The '-' option is used to remove ^M from all newlines found in the dos file. The '+' option is used to add ^M to every newline found in a *nix file. input file Fully delineated path to the input file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standard input is not used. output file Fully delineated path to the output file. As this program is used in the dos environment as well, standart output is not used. SEE ALSO
seesat5(1), seesat5(7), SEESAT5.INI(5), tle(5) BUGS
Cr is not an inteligent program. It methodicaly replaces/removes the offending character when it finds it in the correct context. Newline sequences found in contexts other than 'newline' will be replaced/removed just like those found in the proper context. Passing a binary file through cr is not advised, for this reason. Send all inqueries to Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net>. Debian Linux 2 April 96 cr(1)