Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: In Search of a Command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers In Search of a Command Post 5310 by radimus on Friday 10th of August 2001 10:11:42 AM
Old 08-10-2001
Question In Search of a Command

Hello,

There is a command out there that gives back info on your system; e.g. PentiumIII, etc.

I came across it a while back, but cannot find it now.

Does anyone know what that command is?

Thanks,

Radimus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and remove command

I want to run the 'locate' command and then remove what the command finds. My guess was, locate blahblah |rm -f but this does not work. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasonr
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search command on vi editor

Hi all, Here is an example, I would wan to search for all string consists of IMP but not IMP-00015. Values other than 00015 is fine, is there anyone knows how to do that? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
2 Replies

3. Solaris

passwd command search

Hi. When i execute which passwdit is showing /usr/bin/passwd, eventhough i set my path as PATH=/etc:$PATH i just checked the permission for the passwd under /usr/bin -r-sr-sr-x what exactly happening? and what is that s signifies Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahnazurs
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to search for a file

Hi, I am new to unix.Can you please tell me whether there is any command to search for a file in all the directories... and also i want to search for an expression in all the directories. Thanks in advance. Regards, Harika Mamidala (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harikamamidala
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search in command history

Hi Guys, This one is, seemingly, a very simple question. I am on HPUX1572. The shell used is ksh. I used to locate a command using esc-K '/' followed by a few letters of the command. I tried to search my command history using ESC-K, it works fine. But the old trick of esp+K '/' doesnt... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: n_rajitr
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to search in file

Hi I want to search in file such that suppose file A which has keyword # Query_time: 12.080983 Query_time: 5.233292 Query_time: 5.298892 Any command to search top 10 Query_time (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search and replace command

Hi, I wanted to replace the character '~' with \n (carraige retrurn or new line character) I am tried the commands like s/~/\n/g s/~//\n/g but the commands says that no "No match exists for the substitute pattern". (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atlantis_yy
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

vim command for a search

how can i search each line for ROCT and ROCT1.ROCT1 will be always 1 line after ROCT. Both the patterns will be found at the end of the line (in alternate lines) <pattern file> (rising edge-triggered flip-flop clocked by ROCT) Endpoint:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple search in one command

I have a multiple csv files which have different network time. The files are in sequance, The Files Look like.. csv 1 network time 1348177401922972 1348177401949917 1348177401959150 1348177401964104 1348177401964258 1348177401964289 1348177401969053 1348177401970286 1348177401971174... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakesh_arxmind
1 Replies
DH_INSTALLINFO(1)						     Debhelper							 DH_INSTALLINFO(1)

NAME
dh_installinfo - install info files SYNOPSIS
dh_installinfo [debhelperoptions] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_installinfo is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing info files into usr/share/info in the package build directory. From debhelper compatibility level 11 on, dh_install will fall back to looking in debian/tmp for files, if it does not find them in the current directory (or wherever you've told it to look using --sourcedir). FILES
debian/package.info List info files to be installed. OPTIONS
-A, --all Install all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. --sourcedir=dir Look in the specified directory for files to be installed. This option requires compat 11 or later (it is silently ignored in compat 10 or earlier). Note that this is not the same as the --sourcedirectory option used by the dh_auto_* commands. You rarely need to use this option, since dh_installinfo automatically looks for files in debian/tmp in debhelper compatibility level 11 and above. file ... Install these info files into the first package acted on. (Or in all packages if -A is specified). SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLINFO(1)