Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mailbox Nightmares!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mailbox Nightmares! Post 52992 by hassan2 on Thursday 1st of July 2004 01:17:16 PM
Old 07-01-2004
You can use an imap client to migrate mail folder from Exim to your new MTA.

is your Exim storing mail in form of /var/mail/username ?

Exim can communicate to an Imap clent such mozilla web browser or MS outlook.

Mozilla is great imap client, that you can use to connect to multiple imap server and it free!!

install mozilla web browser and configure mozilla to point to your Exim server through imap then configure mozilla again to point to your new MTA, so that your mozilla is connecting to two MTA at the same time.

Finally copy your inbox from Exim to your new MTA inbox.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailbox file format

Does anyone know where can I find information about UNIX mailbox files' organization? I am willing to develop a file-mailbox-compliant mail agent, but for doing so I need that information. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: exile
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete Mailbox

Hi!! Where can i delete or find the *.mbox files in unix??? Please help me!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juergen1234
3 Replies

3. Linux

root mailbox problem

Hi, I have a linux box which works as an smtp server. Past few months I am facing a problem, all the mails which my local lan users send to the outside world, all such mail gets bounced to root's mailbox. Also I have found that the mails which get bounced to the root's mailbox are mostly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How can I edit the mailbox manually

I use gmail to POP my account because of the spamfilter. From time to time I receive an error message "Connection timed out: There may be a problem with the settings you added. Ple..." after this I am no longer able to retrieve my mails because of the blocked session: "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rolandk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need delete old mailbox

HI guys, I used my server linux how server to send and receive mails, but my mailbox now are so big and I need delete old mails, I found a program in the web called "expired_mail", but i found some problem with this porgram because delete some files mailbox "big problem" Somebody know... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcordova
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

email mailbox output -

this was handy for me. stout goes to mail here. #mailbox pgm=mailbox USER1=`eval whoami` ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bill L.
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailbox server performance issue

Hi. my company's mailbox server has severe performance issue on the days while full backup is running. There is huge I/O in another "mail replication process" for standby servers ( which runs all the time, every 15 mins. ). specs of servers :- RHEL5.5 , kernel -2.6.18-53.1.6.el5 , 8 core... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravsharma29
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't POP the mails off the server, the mailbox is corrupt!

First, please forgive me for my 2nd attempt to post in a Forum! And btw, the Code Tags tutorial has the fonts and the sizes, but when I am editing my post none of those fonts and sizes are not there! SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5 (worf.xxx.com) Worf is our proxy & POP Server, and it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nancy L
7 Replies
WMBIFF(1)						      General Commands Manual							 WMBIFF(1)

NAME
WMBiff - A dockable Mailbox Monitor SYNOPSIS
wmbiff [-display <display name>] [-geometry +XPOS+YPOS] [-c <filename>] [-h] [-v] [-debug] DESCRIPTION
WMbiff displays the status of up to five mailboxes. It gives information about new mail, if any, or total number of messages. It also has mail retrieval capabilies, and can be configured to do this automatically. At the moment, UNIX-style, maildir, POP3, APOP and IMAP4 mail- boxes are supported. WMbiff also supports Licq history files and gnomeicu, displaying the number of new messages in your running session, as if they were mail. The mailboxes are displayed in 5 different lines, each one with its own description of up to five chars. If no mail is present in a given mailbox, WMbiff will display the total number of mails in cyan. If there's new mail in the box, the number of new messages will be dis- played in yellow. When new mail arrives, this number will optionally flash for a small period of time, and also optionally, a command can be executed on mail arrival (for example, opening your mail reader or playing a sound file). Pressing mouse button 1 will execute a command, defined in the user's config file. Mouse button 3 will execute a command to fetch mail, if defined. OPTIONS
-h Show summary of options. -v Show version of program. -display <display name> Use an alternate X Display. -geometry <geometry> Initial window position. -c <filename> Use specified config file. -debug Print verbose log of progress. BUGS
Send bug reports or suggestions to the WMBiff Development Mailing List <wmbiff-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>. Consider attaching a tran- script of your session, generated using: wmbiff -debug | tee wmbiff-log Be sure to remove any instances of your password. FILES
~/.wmbiffrc peruser wmbiff configuration file. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jordi Mallach <jordi@sindominio.net>, originally for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by oth- ers). WMBiff was first maintained by Gennady Belyakov. Since January 2001 it is maintained group of people that have added lots of new features to the original program. Please see the README document for a list of all the people involved. SEE ALSO
wmbiffrc(5) /usr/share/doc/wmbiff/examples/sample.wmbiffrc (or equivalent for your system) wmbiff October 4, 2001 WMBIFF(1)