Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Chmod Help!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Chmod Help! Post 5293 by LivinFree on Friday 10th of August 2001 04:01:24 AM
Old 08-10-2001
Well, the two free shell accounts that I have used in the past are both non-operable right now, but here they are anyways:
sdf.lonestar.org
nether.net
Try searching www.google.com for "free shell account"...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CHMOD Help!!

Ok, listen.........I was using FTP Works to remove and add some files to a domain server. I messed with chmod button and made it so that no-one could access or their browsers could execute files and 2 or three certain directories. If anyone knows how to use this command and will give me a heads up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jarrell
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod

Hi, can anybody help me? i have probable a simple problem about permissions. i have a server and on this server there comes some files from a another server via ftp with a separte user. i would like to modify the files with a awk script but i donīt have the permissions to modify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotty
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod...

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there was a quicker way to chmod a lot of files than doing what im currently doing. At the moment, im doing chmod 777 *filename* - but I have a lot of files, sub-directories, sub-files etc etc. And at the moment I see I have to chmod every single file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo0ness
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CHMOD query

Hi peeps, I'm new here, so I hope I'm posting in the right place... If I'm in a particular directory and I run the command 'CHMOD * 777' (or the other way around- I can't remember), am I right in saying it will only change the permissions of all the immediate files and directories and not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsp_1983
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CHMOD Question

I've always been fascinated by permissions and I have a question. Since the shell isn't a "virtual environment" (like say a web forum, where permissions can be enforced with absolute confidence), what's actually keeping an unauthorized user from viewing a CHMODed file? The read/write routines? Why... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: froth
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CHMOD problems... Help!

Hey. I was playing somethink with chmods, and then i did chmod -R 755 / :eek: so linux but with errors and sshd not working .... Can some one give me proper chmods or better script that will do it. pls help fast (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: net555
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with chmod (files only)

hello, i want to chmod 444 all files in a directory, files in subdirs cannot be chmoded same goes for the subdirs themself. So using: chmod -R 444 /dir/ won't work because it will chmod the directorys and files (together with files in subdirectorys) I figured out how to chmod files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TehOne
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

chmod question

I have two files,like follows: $ls -l foo bar -rw------- bar -rw-rw-rw- foo Then I execute follow code: chmod("foo",(statbuf.st_mode & ~S_IXGRP) | S_ISGID) chmod("bar",S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR | S_IRGRP | S_IROTH) Then I view the result $ls -l foo bar -rw-r--r-- bar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

What is the difference between chmod in solaris and chmod in Linux?

i think it is the same in both... Iam i right? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumaiya
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chmod

Hi I tried to use chmod in unix to change my file's permission. chmod 701 hello.cgi And it did change my desired file's permission. Yet, the name of the file is changed to hello.cgi* . And therefore I cannot compile it after that. So, I just wondering why there is an extra '*' in the file's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvin8906
2 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)